You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Ways to grow GOL?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
s_d Jan 22, 2013
Heh, just got TF2 working today ;)
spacelike Jan 24, 2013
Isn't this one of the _only_ forums dedicated to linux gaming?

The only other one I've ever found was the linuX-clan.net, but it's all in German.
There are others, sure, but only as subforums.

So maybe you could get more users here by pointing out to them that this is (unless I'm wrong) the only english speaking forum purely dedicated to general gaming discussions on all Linux distros.
It's what attracted me here at least...
Liam Dawe Jan 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure there must be other Linux gaming forums somewhere.

The problem I am having is other Linux websites don't want to feature any of our content, omgubuntu never reply, webupd8 replied with our content isn't fit for his website...then 2 days later posted gaming news which annoyed me a bit.

Lxer accept most of what i submit to them as does reddit.

Need to find other places to get the word out to grow the website, give me a hand folks and spread the good word. I want to be able to keep bringing you the news!
Liam Dawe Jan 29, 2013
Well i've submitted a few links to some bigger G+ communities, hopefully that will help.
schwim Feb 2, 2013
I wanted to register to suggest something that seems to have been missed and is something I've witnessed to have huge returns when used.

A Facebook contest seems to be the method of the day to get a lot of followers.  Someone likes your contest, sharing it on their FB page, which begins a trickle-down situation as the exposure grows exponentially.  I would suggest giving away a Steam credit, game pack or particular linux game and have the contests on a regular schedule.  A contest that can be counted on will  have much better success than something that happens every couple of months or so.  Also, your core users will often be happy to make a small PP donation to help gather the money needed for the prizes.

I don't have an FB account so I can't help you on that end, but I will donate some money to buy the first  prize :D
Liam Dawe Feb 2, 2013
That's a good idea I will be doing more competitions as time goes on.
Mezron Feb 3, 2013
Game nights would be ideal. I host a weekly Sunday night freeware game night. For example tomorrow will be Cube Metalheart @ 9:00 PM EST - I use Xfire, Raptr and STEAM to organizes friends, family and the few PUGs that join up for forums and what not and then play for about and 1 hour or more.

Maybe you guys can host a free server with blurb about the site. Most know what I'm about and will mention games for me to post during the game night and it's a good way to get to know ppl in your community.
braun Feb 16, 2013
<3
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.