You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010s Season
Ehvis commented on 2 October 2017 at 3:07 pm UTC

At least now I can't fly off a cliff.

jegmancs commented on 3 October 2017 at 4:05 pm UTC

EhvisAt least now I can't fly off a cliff.

But now you can hug as many trees as you (don't) want! Haha.

Btw, I really wanted to get over Finland since I am currently doing championship in a 60s car, and the monthly and weekly in 80s. Totally different beasts and I really dislike the modern cars. When I was younger the Group A cars were the kings and the WRC cars just introduced in my country's national championship, I loved them even though the less powerful cars provided the entertainment.

Xpander commented on 3 October 2017 at 4:08 pm UTC

jegmancs
EhvisAt least now I can't fly off a cliff.

But now you can hug as many trees as you (don't) want! Haha.

Btw, I really wanted to get over Finland since I am currently doing championship in a 60s car, and the monthly and weekly in 80s. Totally different beasts and I really dislike the modern cars. When I was younger the Group A cars were the kings and the WRC cars just introduced in my country's national championship, I loved them even though the less powerful cars provided the entertainment.

I enjoy modern cars also because of the corner speed is insane.. acceleration is not that good though. i wish there were 2017 spec wrc cars in this game

but group B and Group A are fun as well as super old ones like 1970s. i think after this season we will return to group B again

Arnvidr commented on 5 October 2017 at 6:42 am UTC

Did Finland the other day, have definitely had worse before

First stage felt really good, no crashes at all, but somehow I still had enough trouble to not be able to fix up my car completely. This became a problem in the next stages when I started crashing into things now and then.

End result:
3 resets, 2 of them for hitting people
2 lost wheels

edit: I also have my new monster PC build completed at last! No gaming for a few days now, but sometime next week I look forward to trying Dirt Rally in 21:9

Xpander commented on 5 October 2017 at 4:50 pm UTC

God damn, i can't drive finland im getting this:

it goes into constant loop with that, pressing OK i tries again with the same result.

i don't have time to drive this on the weekend and i don't want to miss finland

ok managed to make it work, just pressed enter rapidly to bypass this stupid check.

S1: clean, superb time
S2: clean
S3: Roll on the straigth
S4: Spin
S5: Spin
S6: Spin
S7:+15 sec penalty for hitting stupid spectators

chancho_zombie commented on 8 October 2017 at 2:54 am UTC

I f**cked up once again in the second. Didn't know that if you blow up the same tire twice, the second time you can't patch it up. F*ck F*ck lost more than 4 minutes driving without one tire.
Driving without tires must be the most annoying thing in the game.

tuubi commented on 8 October 2017 at 10:37 am UTC

Happy with the result, not so much with my driving. One or two crashes on every stage, lost a wheel on two of them. Luckily both were quite close to the finish line. I also did a beautiful flying crash into a pole on the second stage that would have destroyed a real car, but I drove away with a leaking radiator and a slightly damaged engine.

chancho_zombieDriving without tires must be the most annoying thing in the game.
Well it's pretty annoying in real life as well. Guess we need to stop blowing them out.

Ehvis commented on 8 October 2017 at 2:49 pm UTC

Today was the day for highlighting some funky collision physics. Three times I went into a pole with front left corner. And every time it stopped dead in its tracks without rotating and destroying the radiator. Which is annoying because that takes ages to repair, leaving everything else broken. What I drove across the finish was not exactly car shaped any more.

Edmene commented on 8 October 2017 at 7:13 pm UTC

EhvisWhat I drove across the finish was not exactly car shaped any more.

Same thing for me even the engine was almost giving up in the last stage.

I almost wasn't able to participate this time because of some annoying issues with steam cloud synchronization and race net connection, I have no idea of why but lately all my games are having difficulties to synchronize with steam and connect with theirs servers.

Xpander commented on 9 October 2017 at 2:04 pm UTC

website is broken.. cant grab a screenshot from the last event or scores

anyway Germany should be running atm.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook