Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010s Season
Page: «6/6
  Go to:
Xpander Oct 17, 2017
Quoting: Skully
Quoting: XpanderUK is Running now.

first post updated. Congratulations to Skully for winning in Germany :)

Thanks. Looks like you would easy have beat me, if you didn't have some bad luck lol.
I had a very clean run. Germany is my best location. So I have a feeling I wont be doing so well in future.
Wish I joined the league earlier so I could have done all the events. Also I missed the 70's championship :(

Do not worry, we will go back to 70s cars if people are interested in those events. Next is going to be Group B, then Group A and then 70s again i think.
Koopacabras Oct 18, 2017
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: Skully
Quoting: XpanderUK is Running now.

first post updated. Congratulations to Skully for winning in Germany :)

Thanks. Looks like you would easy have beat me, if you didn't have some bad luck lol.
I had a very clean run. Germany is my best location. So I have a feeling I wont be doing so well in future.
Wish I joined the league earlier so I could have done all the events. Also I missed the 70's championship :(

Do not worry, we will go back to 70s cars if people are interested in those events. Next is going to be Group B, then Group A and then 70s again i think.

no eighties?
Arnvidr Oct 18, 2017
Started off pretty well in Wales, with the first stage feeling like one of my better runs. Naturally I followed that up with a reset in the second stage. Other stages were more or less ok, except one that I was too careful (slow) in, I think it was the night stage. Had a totally unnecessary reset in the last stage as well, which the current table tells me cost me at least one place to Edmene. Typical XD
Xpander Oct 18, 2017
UK done. Last stage was terrible, i had incredible speed but errors ruined everything :)
Also i was fighting with my wheel this time. For some weird reason every time i alt+tabbed to type down what happened on the stage, after returning to the game my wheel was off center, so i had to restart the game several times.

Anyway here's how i did:
S1: spin after watersplash;
S2: clean
S3: crash into the fences with reverse needed;
S4: clean mostly (wheel wasn't centered - lots of small errors)
S5: clean
S6: clean
S7: terrible stage - spin, crash into trees 2 times, both times reverse needed to get out of the ditch, puncture on the last sector.
tuubi Oct 21, 2017
I think this was the best I've ever driven in Wales. That said:

3rd: one penalty
5th: otherwise a great run, but lost a lot of time trying to drive out of a ditch... should have recovered
7th: two barrel rolls ending in a ditch, had to recover the car once

Thanks for another fun season! Nice to see more participants this time.
Skully Oct 21, 2017
I had a lot of mishaps. Had to replace a tyre for 1:30 penalty after losing nearly as much trying to keep going on the rim.
I think my xbox controller is limiting how well I can do. Going to borrow my friends wheel and see if I can improve.
tuubi Oct 22, 2017
Quoting: SkullyI think my xbox controller is limiting how well I can do. Going to borrow my friends wheel and see if I can improve.
Sure a good wheel would give you an edge, but according to the league leaderboard, of the drivers in the current event only Xpander has one. That said, and to repeat what I've said many times before, I'd really love a wheel. It might not affect my performance that much, but damn if it wouldn't be fun.
Xpander Oct 22, 2017
Season Completed. First Post updated.

Next season awaits here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/3004
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.