You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010s Season
liamdawe commented on 20 September 2017 at 10:55 pm UTC

I really need to participate, but damn I suck.

tuubi commented on 21 September 2017 at 10:05 am UTC

liamdaweI really need to participate, but damn I suck.
Practice would make you suck less. I've played about 130 hours now, and I'm only starting to get a handle on the more difficult cars. No amount of practice is going to make my reaction times much better though.

jegmancs commented on 21 September 2017 at 10:21 am UTC

liamdaweI really need to participate, but damn I suck.

I can recommend a youtuber named "gab on dirt". He has some very good videos on Dirt Rally, and explains some of the fundamentals. He also race with a gamepad, and his setup helped me control the car better. The guy is really good.

Xpander commented on 21 September 2017 at 5:11 pm UTC

Monaco done by me.. Terrible ... i dont like tarmac

S1: spin
S2: small crash, not much time lost
S3: spin
S4: clean
S5: 2 times backwards onto snowbanks, both on hairpins, 1 was close to dnf;
S6: crash to the wall, rear right puncture on the start of the last sector;
S7: spin

Edmene commented on 22 September 2017 at 6:35 pm UTC

The best Monaco event for me, at least compared to all the times that I went downhill in the snow or ice sectors.

stage 1: clean
stage 2: clean
stage 3: clean
stage 4: clean
stage 5: 1 spin and 2 crashes (both almost dnf)
stage 6: 1 small crash
stage 7: clean

jegmancs commented on 23 September 2017 at 10:25 am UTC

I think I finished well especially since I only started to play recently. I was just happy that on the long stage I beat my personal best, despite that my practice wasn't really going well. After I screwed up the night stage, I just focused on finishing stages, since I didn't have the chance to move up.

This was my first ever online racing and I am happy to participate.
I wish more people from the 31 would race.

tuubi commented on 23 September 2017 at 1:23 pm UTC

Finished just a bit ahead of Edmene, despite managing only one or two clean stages. Driving the modern four wheel drives doesn't feel quite as satisfying to me as some of the other classes, and of course Monaco always does its best to try to murder me. Anyway, looking forward to the next event.

EDIT:

jegmancsThis was my first ever online racing and I am happy to participate.
Happy to have you in the league! We've had events with only four or five participants, but I think this is still the longest running GOL league to date?

jegmancsI wish more people from the 31 would race.
That would indeed be nice. The more the merrier.

Edmene commented on 23 September 2017 at 7:19 pm UTC

tuubiFinished just a bit ahead of Edmene, despite managing only one or two clean stages. Driving the modern four wheel drives doesn't feel quite as satisfying to me as some of the other classes, and of course Monaco always does its best to try to murder me. Anyway, looking forward to the next event.

I guess that you didn't lose so much time in the stages as I did in the 5th stage.
After losing so much time in stage 5 I lost confidence and this hampered my chances of retrieve some of the time lost.

jegmancsI wish more people from the 31 would race.
Indeed, that would make the league more diverse and fun.

Edmene commented on 23 September 2017 at 7:20 pm UTC

[please ignore].

chancho_zombie commented on 24 September 2017 at 6:59 am UTC

sorry for the grammar I have issues with some past verbs.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Rust... What have we started.
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • hatniX plays: Bear With Me
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact