Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Respons From Star Citizen Regarding Linux :(
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
razing32 Sep 22, 2017
I feel kinda sorry for all the people that backed this.
Feels like it's going to turn out as another No Man's Sky.
Could be wrong though , I guess....
GustyGhost Sep 22, 2017
Not too hard to take now that, thanks to this site, I know of Everspace, Astrokill, Avorion... I've also been playing some of the X3 titles. I backed over 100$ to Star Citizen in it's first week but at the time was still a Windows slave so I didn't foresee any issues releasing to my [then] platform of choice.

Quoting: razing32I feel kinda sorry for all the people that backed this.
Feels like it's going to turn out as another No Man's Sky.
Could be wrong though , I guess....

There is nothing to feel bad about as long as you recognize that pledging money to such a project is a donation, not a purchase.
Zelox Sep 24, 2017
Quoting: tuubiI find it more likely they confused iOS with OSX.

Maybe they just plan a phone app for SC, many AAA games have this.
But my question was, if they plan for Linux and what the ETA was, not if there was supposed to be a phone app for SC in the future.

But I think I over think it a bit to mutch. I think you got it right. They probably just confused iOS with OSX. And at the moment they dont know if they want to support Linux or OSX or both.
But like I said, in the past they sounded very positiv to a linux port. Wikipedia says linux, there own wikipedia says, maybe. And all the intervjus hint about a Linux port.
Maybe they cant just promise to much cause they got other checkpoints they need to complete first.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.