You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
Local time instead of utc time
jens commented on 11 October 2017 at 7:37 pm UTC

Not really a bug, but more a question. Is there a way to show the time info on this site, e.g. time of latest comments etc in local time? My preferences are set to CEST, but all time info is shown in UTC.

liamdawe commented on 11 October 2017 at 8:37 pm UTC

Note: Moved to suggestion box to keep it tidy.

Question, when it usually says "about an hour ago" or "7 hours ago" (or at least it should) is it not correct for you?

tuubi commented on 11 October 2017 at 9:34 pm UTC

The relative times in comment threads seem correct, but on the latest comments page and in the sidebar widgets I see "11 October 2017 at 8:34 pm UTC" for example. I assume that's what jens is referring to. Never bothered me much, but local time would be preferable.

liamdawe commented on 12 October 2017 at 9:19 am UTC

I'm a little confused, as the OP was talking about comments being in UTC time, but you should never see that. The code behind the comments time is UTC, but our timeago JS plugin converts that to "x time ago" which should work regardless of your timezone.

tuubi commented on 12 October 2017 at 10:40 am UTC

The timeago stuff is fine, but it isn't in use on the Latest Comments page or the sidebars. But I see you just added it to the latest comments sidebar so I guess you're working on it.

jens commented on 12 October 2017 at 6:00 pm UTC

Sorry, I meant indeed the sidebar ("Latest Comments" and "Latest Forum Post" ) and some other places, but not the time notation in the header of a posting. "Latest Comments" seems indeed use ".. ago" notation now which is correctly displayed (though i do liked the absolute time there). The sidebar item "Latest Forum Posts" still shows UTC time, same as "See more comments" in "Latest Comments" section.

liamdawe commented on 12 October 2017 at 7:16 pm UTC

The latest forum post block as well as the view more comments page have both now been update.

Cheers.

jens commented on 12 October 2017 at 7:18 pm UTC

liamdaweThe latest forum post block as well as the view more comments page have both now been update.

Cheers.

Cool, cheers!

jens commented on 12 October 2017 at 7:21 pm UTC

Found another place: Latest comments and last login etc within a profile, e.g. https://www.gamingonlinux.com/profiles/1

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • hatniX plays: Bear With Me
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook