Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[Solved] Stalled requests with high paging settings
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
jens Nov 4, 2017
  • Supporter
Quoting: XpanderHappens with Chrome for me sometimes (haven't tested that long since its not my main browser).

Never seen it with Vivaldi, Opera (though they use same engine) and Firefox.
Yes. This seems a server side issue that somehow got only triggered with chrome. It was completely resolved for me once the provider of this site "Disabled PHP-FPM". Dunno if that change is now reverted.

Could you please give chrome a shot and report if you still got that issue? I would feel better if someone would at least confirm that I'm not going nuts :)
tuubi Nov 4, 2017
I can't reproduce it in Chromium or Firefox, but the longest comment thread I've had notifications for lately was the recent F1 2017 release article, and maybe it's not long enough to trigger it.
Liam Dawe Nov 4, 2017
Okay I have two ideas I'm going to implement tonight to help track it down.

Currently clearing a notification and redirecting to a specific comment are done in the same page that renders an article. What i will do is split them up into two files. So we will have one to render that article as normal and one to actually do the notification clearing and redirect.

This way I can track down easier where the stall is coming from.
jens Nov 4, 2017
  • Supporter
Here the F1 thread (the long one) is sufficient to trigger this behavior, I thought that is starts as soon as the notification point into the second page..

@liamdewe, thanks a lot for keeping keen to track this down. Note that I got this also when editing one of my posts in a longer thread on pages other than the first page (only with editing, never with initially posting). The editing itself is successful, but the redirect to the thread results in 5 minutes waiting for a response.
Liam Dawe Nov 4, 2017
I'm still never seeing it myself, so it's a little difficult to track.

I've done an adjustment that might help, let me know.

Essentially, I wasn't doing a "die()" after sending the redirect header in php to send you to the correct comment. This results in the rest of the entire article rendering page still executing (possibly then stalling somehow). I've added them in, which should stop any unexpected behaviour.
jens Nov 5, 2017
  • Supporter
Your adjustments seem to have effect, cool :).
Clicking on a notifications link seem fine now and even much faster. I'll keep an eye out and report back.
jens Nov 6, 2017
  • Supporter
Marked as solved, works perfectly now.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.