You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
Rugaliz commented on 16 October 2017 at 8:46 pm UTC

Hi

Lately when i try to run DOA5 i get no sound (implying there was a time in the past where i got sound). I'm running a fresh installation of manjaro kde with the latest wine staging (well even older versions that were recommended in winehq don't work) and proprietary nvidia drivers.
When i alt tab out of the game and check pulse audio it doesn't show DOA5 in the applications section.

Anyone might have an idea of the source of the problem?

mrdeathjr commented on 17 October 2017 at 4:45 pm UTC

In my case works last time with wine 2.8 vanilla (staging dont needed)

System Specs Used in Test

Nvidia Drivers 381.22 (run package from nvidia drivers homepage)

Xubuntu 16.04 x64 - Kernel 4.8.0-34 generic (ubuntu mainline) - CPUFreq: Performance

CPU: INTEL Pentium G3258 (Haswell 22nm) 4.1Ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

MEMORY: 8GB DDR3 1333 (2x4) Patriot value (dual channel: 21.3 gb/s)

GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 OC (GP107 14nm: 640 Shaders / 40 TMUS / 32 ROPS) Windforce 2GB DDR5 7000Mhz 128Bit (110Gb/s)

MAINBOARD: MSI H81M E33

And tested in wine 2.19 vanilla, video and sound works ok (maybe in next days upload new video test)

Rugaliz commented on 17 October 2017 at 5:18 pm UTC

Thanks for the reply mrdeathjr. unfortunately none of the wine versions (1.7.43; 2.8; 2.18; 2.19) work for me. i had already read your post on winehq and checked both your previous videos. This means it could have something to do with arch and not WINE itself. unfortunately i have no idea of what might be causing this. It is curious that pulse audio doesn't show DOA5 as an active application while it shows others like firefox.

Rugaliz commented on 17 October 2017 at 5:29 pm UTC

OKay i FIXED the issue!!!

Turns out it was a missing library

Manjaro didn't come with "lib32-openal" by default and it is needed for audio with certain WINE games.

mrdeathjr commented on 17 October 2017 at 11:57 pm UTC

RugalizOKay i FIXED the issue!!!

Turns out it was a missing library

Manjaro didn't come with "lib32-openal" by default and it is needed for audio with certain WINE games.

In my case dont have this problems because wine vanilla is compiled myself and need have all dependencies

QuoteRecommended Packages

alsa-lib-devel
cups-devel
dbus-devel
fontconfig-devel
freetype-devel
giflib-devel
gnutls-devel
gsm-devel
hal-devel
isdn4k-utils-devel
lcms-devel
libGLU-devel
libICE-devel
libjpeg-devel
libpng-devel
libSM-devel
libusb-devel
libv4l-devel
libX11-devel
libXau-devel
libXcomposite-devel
libXcursor-devel
libXext-devel
libXi-devel
libXinerama-devel
libxml2-devel
libXrandr-devel
libXrender-devel
libxslt-devel
libXt-devel
libXv-devel
libXxf86vm-devel
mesa-libGL-devel
ncurses-devel
openal-devel
openldap-devel
openssl-devel
pkgconfig
sane-backends-devel
xorg-x11-proto-devel

Programs :

bison
flex
prelink
libpcap-devel
libcapi-devel
libgstreamer-devel
libmpg123-devel
opencl-headers

And others case pkgconfig:i386 - libpulse-dev:i386 but dependencies are showed by ./configure

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "A New Beginning" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook