You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support me on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! We will also never show adverts to anyone who supports GamingOnLinux! Alternatively, you can support me on Paypal.
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Season 2
tuubi commented on 11 November 2017 at 11:23 am UTC

My driving was anything but perfect, but Wales was fun and I'm really happy with the result once again. I just love the way the Manta glides around corners. Wrangling these powerful RWD cars is all about throttle control, and for that I'm seriously considering selling a few internal organs to pay for a decent wheel and pedal setup. My trigger finger just isn't up to the job.

Xpander commented on 11 November 2017 at 11:55 am UTC

tuubiMy driving was anything but perfect, but Wales was fun and I'm really happy with the result once again. I just love the way the Manta glides around corners. Wrangling these powerful RWD cars is all about throttle control, and for that I'm seriously considering selling a few internal organs to pay for a decent wheel and pedal setup. My trigger finger just isn't up to the job.

check around ebay, there are some auctions that you might be able to bid on the last minute

like:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Driving-force-GT-Force-Feedback-Wheel-ps2-ps3-pc-Grand-turismo/322865642826?epid=102335094&hash=item4b2c4abd4a:g:0TEAAOSwyYFZ~zHh

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Driving-force-GT-941-000020-Joystick/202103885738?epid=102335094&hash=item2f0e548faa:g:v6kAAOSwVA5Z~iWe

or some buy now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/logitech-driving-force-gt-Steering-Wheel-and-foot-pedals/152737803169?epid=102335094&hash=item238fe1eba1:g:GW8AAOSwXvNZrIKP

tuubi commented on 11 November 2017 at 9:28 pm UTC

Xpandercheck around ebay, there are some auctions that you might be able to bid on the last minute
Thanks for the tip. I've seen second-hand Logitech wheels available for about 50 euros before. Haven't been in a position to put that much money into anything gaming related in ages, but things are looking up. I'll think about buying a set in a few months.

I might want to go for something with better pedals than the Driving Force GT though. I've only tested them quickly on someone's PS3, but they felt a bit flimsy. Still, better than a gamepad I'm sure.

Xpander commented on 12 November 2017 at 8:58 am UTC

yeah... if you can get your hands on G25 or 27, it sure will be better. DFGT gets the job done though, its made from cheap parts, but i haven't had issues so far. Would be nice to have a clutch though, DFGT has only break and acceleration pedals.

Xpander commented on 12 November 2017 at 9:15 pm UTC

First post updated. Germany Next. Thisone i will go with 4WD i think and the rest of the gravel ones back to Manta

Arnvidr commented on 14 November 2017 at 10:48 am UTC

Feel pretty good about my Germany run. Had a few spins in the earlier stages, and generally some flimsy braking at some of the sharper turns, but made up for it with better runs in the last three.

Skully commented on 15 November 2017 at 1:12 am UTC

Germany went mostly ok. I did the majority of one stage with a missing tyre wich certainly doesn't help lol. Still using controller, as I found the steering wheel too annoying to setup/put away. So until i can set it up at another desk permanently, I wont bother with it.

Xpander commented on 15 November 2017 at 4:05 pm UTC

I did Terrible in Germany. I don't get the Tarmac, i always lock the breaks too much

anyway i dunno how i managed to win thisone. edit: ok muell beat me anyway, those times all are so close though

S1: Crash into trees
S2: Crash into stones
S3: Clean
S4: Spin with reverse needed
S5: Crash into stones, after i saw deer running over the road
S6: Clean
S7: Clean

Edmene commented on 15 November 2017 at 4:19 pm UTC

Basically a crash at each stage before reaching s4, from that point onward all clean

Nod commented on 16 November 2017 at 2:46 am UTC

Can someone add me to the league please? I have applied on racenet. Looking forward to competing, Thanks.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Alien DLC - Part 1
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook