Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Season 2
Page: «5/7»
  Go to:
Xpander Nov 20, 2017
First post updated.... Finally back to gravel :) Back to Manta as well :P
Xpander Nov 21, 2017
Damn Manta is way too bouncy for Finland stages. Even though i managed to tweak the setup so it wont bounce that much i was still constantly struggling with understeer when it bounced after a big jump.
tried to make dampers firm but then after each harder jump i lost a tire. so i set front dampers a bit softer and rear ones to firm side, that was the best i could do to reduce bouncing. Wasn't too fun to drive like that...

anyway ..Summary:

S1: spin with reverse needed
S2: crash into stones with the rear of the car which forced me to spin
S3: clean
S4: spin on the 90° turn
S5: clean
S6: crash into the trees with the front, because of understeer after jump
S7: huge roll on the straight after jumps, found myself in the forest, reversed out.
tuubi Nov 22, 2017
I just realized I won't have time to play in the weekend so I'll try to get this done by tomorrow.

Quoting: XpanderDamn Manta is way too bouncy for Finland stages. Even though i managed to tweak the setup so it wont bounce that much i was still constantly struggling with understeer when it bounced after a big jump.
Maybe you didn't go soft enough. :P

I drove the first two stages with that setup and yes, it was horribly scary.
Arnvidr Nov 22, 2017
Finland done. Had a few tiny forest trips in stage 2 and 3, but probably didn't lose more than a total of 15 seconds on them. Most time lost in stage 6, but a lot of good stages.

Catastrophy occured too late to have an effect, on stage 7, where my co-driver spat out "Is the left rear flat? To finish" :P

edit: Anyone else having trouble with the game freezing for a few seconds now and then using the proprietary nvidia drivers? Last upgrade was on November 1st, so it's weird that it only shows up now, but might be something it's not playing well with that got upgraded since last week.
Xpander Nov 22, 2017
Quoting: tuubiI just realized I won't have time to play in the weekend so I'll try to get this done by tomorrow.

Maybe you didn't go soft enough. :P

I drove the first two stages with that setup and yes, it was horribly scary.

Haha, Scary indeed, i was doing shakedowns with different setups, used all 10 shakedowns to get somewhat working setup :D still way too bouncy :)

Quoting: Arnvidredit: Anyone else having trouble with the game freezing for a few seconds now and then using the proprietary nvidia drivers? Last upgrade was on November 1st, so it's weird that it only shows up now, but might be something it's not playing well with that got upgraded since last week.

No, zero issues. 387.22 drivers.
tuubi Nov 23, 2017
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: Arnvidredit: Anyone else having trouble with the game freezing for a few seconds now and then using the proprietary nvidia drivers? Last upgrade was on November 1st, so it's weird that it only shows up now, but might be something it's not playing well with that got upgraded since last week.

No, zero issues. 387.22 drivers.
I used to get them quite often, but that was a few driver updates ago and maybe the game has been updated as well. Now I might get a tiny hitch or two sometimes, but not even in every play session.
Xpander Nov 23, 2017
if that makes any difference, i have a script which is keybinded, so when i go into gaming it forces my cpu to performance mode as well as gpu to performance mode. Its been smooth all the time for me.

edit: if anyone interested

performance.sh: https://pastebin.com/R1SCk7u8
schedutil.sh: https://pastebin.com/inL6sP7i

you need "Coolbits" "28" into your xorg confs if you want to use the fanspeed things also.
your distro needs to have cpupower also, if yours doesnt then you can use some other command like cpufreq or similar. pkexec is used to make it not ask for admin password, you need to create a polkit rule for that also ofc. head over to wiki of your distro i guess for that :)

So if i stop gaming i click another keybind on my keyboard which switches it back to schedutil
tuubi Nov 23, 2017
I found time to do the last stage as well, and somehow managed a good, clean run despite having to pause a couple of times. That usually messes up my concentration. I got close to Arnvidr in the end results, but not quite past him.
flipper Nov 24, 2017
First stage was ok with just 15sec of penalty.
Second stage I crashed frontal into a tree after a jump, the car (and probably driver and co-pilot) died. :D
Skully Nov 24, 2017
Quoting: XpanderDamn Manta is way too bouncy for Finland stages. Even though i managed to tweak the setup so it wont bounce that much i was still constantly struggling with understeer when it bounced after a big jump.
tried to make dampers firm but then after each harder jump i lost a tire. so i set front dampers a bit softer and rear ones to firm side, that was the best i could do to reduce bouncing. Wasn't too fun to drive like that...

I dunno how you did it. I couldn't beat you in the Lancia, and I had much less mishaps than you. Was also the fastest I think I ever have done there. Still no match for you in your Manta. Great driving man. Wish you had a recording of your run for me to watch.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.