You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Season 2
tuubi commented on 16 November 2017 at 7:56 am UTC

NodCan someone add me to the league please? I have applied on racenet. Looking forward to competing, Thanks.
Done. Welcome and have fun!

Nod commented on 16 November 2017 at 11:16 am UTC

tuubi
NodCan someone add me to the league please? I have applied on racenet. Looking forward to competing, Thanks.
Done. Welcome and have fun!

Thanks! Played a few stages ... very good times for nearly everyone!

tuubi commented on 19 November 2017 at 2:26 pm UTC

Germany done. I knew I wouldn't do well against the 4-wheel-drives here, but at least I had fun.

I took a stab at a grippy setup and drove the Opel like a proper street car, and at least on the dry stages it seemed to work pretty well. I think I was only a couple of seconds slower than the fastest Lancia on the night stage.

Xpander commented on 20 November 2017 at 9:32 am UTC

First post updated.... Finally back to gravel Back to Manta as well

Xpander commented on 21 November 2017 at 5:17 pm UTC

Damn Manta is way too bouncy for Finland stages. Even though i managed to tweak the setup so it wont bounce that much i was still constantly struggling with understeer when it bounced after a big jump.
tried to make dampers firm but then after each harder jump i lost a tire. so i set front dampers a bit softer and rear ones to firm side, that was the best i could do to reduce bouncing. Wasn't too fun to drive like that...

anyway ..Summary:

S1: spin with reverse needed
S2: crash into stones with the rear of the car which forced me to spin
S3: clean
S4: spin on the 90° turn
S5: clean
S6: crash into the trees with the front, because of understeer after jump
S7: huge roll on the straight after jumps, found myself in the forest, reversed out.

tuubi commented on 22 November 2017 at 5:17 pm UTC

I just realized I won't have time to play in the weekend so I'll try to get this done by tomorrow.

XpanderDamn Manta is way too bouncy for Finland stages. Even though i managed to tweak the setup so it wont bounce that much i was still constantly struggling with understeer when it bounced after a big jump.
Maybe you didn't go soft enough.

I drove the first two stages with that setup and yes, it was horribly scary.

Arnvidr commented on 22 November 2017 at 8:41 pm UTC

Finland done. Had a few tiny forest trips in stage 2 and 3, but probably didn't lose more than a total of 15 seconds on them. Most time lost in stage 6, but a lot of good stages.

Catastrophy occured too late to have an effect, on stage 7, where my co-driver spat out "Is the left rear flat? To finish"

edit: Anyone else having trouble with the game freezing for a few seconds now and then using the proprietary nvidia drivers? Last upgrade was on November 1st, so it's weird that it only shows up now, but might be something it's not playing well with that got upgraded since last week.

Xpander commented on 22 November 2017 at 10:40 pm UTC

tuubiI just realized I won't have time to play in the weekend so I'll try to get this done by tomorrow.

Maybe you didn't go soft enough.

I drove the first two stages with that setup and yes, it was horribly scary.

Haha, Scary indeed, i was doing shakedowns with different setups, used all 10 shakedowns to get somewhat working setup still way too bouncy

Arnvidredit: Anyone else having trouble with the game freezing for a few seconds now and then using the proprietary nvidia drivers? Last upgrade was on November 1st, so it's weird that it only shows up now, but might be something it's not playing well with that got upgraded since last week.

No, zero issues. 387.22 drivers.

tuubi commented on 23 November 2017 at 8:40 am UTC

Xpander
Arnvidredit: Anyone else having trouble with the game freezing for a few seconds now and then using the proprietary nvidia drivers? Last upgrade was on November 1st, so it's weird that it only shows up now, but might be something it's not playing well with that got upgraded since last week.

No, zero issues. 387.22 drivers.
I used to get them quite often, but that was a few driver updates ago and maybe the game has been updated as well. Now I might get a tiny hitch or two sometimes, but not even in every play session.

Xpander commented on 23 November 2017 at 8:46 am UTC

if that makes any difference, i have a script which is keybinded, so when i go into gaming it forces my cpu to performance mode as well as gpu to performance mode. Its been smooth all the time for me.

edit: if anyone interested

performance.sh: https://pastebin.com/R1SCk7u8
schedutil.sh: https://pastebin.com/inL6sP7i

you need "Coolbits" "28" into your xorg confs if you want to use the fanspeed things also.
your distro needs to have cpupower also, if yours doesnt then you can use some other command like cpufreq or similar. pkexec is used to make it not ask for admin password, you need to create a polkit rule for that also ofc. head over to wiki of your distro i guess for that

So if i stop gaming i click another keybind on my keyboard which switches it back to schedutil

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: "Dragon Age Origins" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook