Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «49/50»
  Go to:
Quoting: Avehicle7887Spring cleaned my old Ryzen system today, haven't used it much ever since I built the new one.

link

Quoting: fredrikfritteYou have that wallpaper ?
love it

Here it is https://wallhaven.cc/w/g7jg63

Yeah, im rocking that sexy wallpaper now
Hamish 31 May
Almost forgot to post a screenshot this month:
First time sway and Wayland. I like it a lot. Wish nVidia would catch up a lot faster with proper Wayland support so my main desktop could move over too :(

link
orlfman 16 Jun
link

its been awhile. nothing fancy, just a clean gnome 40 desktop.
Xpander 17 Jun
Switched to KDE to see if i can stick with it this time.
Configured it the way i had the workflow on my MATE desktop. So far mostly good except few minor things i dont like with the panels and dolphin.

https://i.imgur.com/polSXFa.jpg
New theme with a mix of borrowed PopOS icons.

@Xpander - I tried to switch away from MATE myself a few times. I like KDE but it never managed to beat the simplicity I found in MATE and especially Caja still remains the most comfortable file manager for my workflow.

link

link
Xpander 17 Jun
Quoting: Avehicle7887@Xpander - I tried to switch away from MATE myself a few times. I like KDE but it never managed to beat the simplicity I found in MATE and especially Caja still remains the most comfortable file manager for my workflow.

I still use caja on KDE because of that. And yeah i have tried to switch many times before but usually after day or 2 i come back to MATE cause its simple yet configurable and also super snappy.

Actually the caja to be able to just type in a lot of letters to search for a specific file on a folder you are in is amazing, this option doesnt seem to be a case for dolphin, yeah theres a filter but its 1 more click or keybind to to the same i could just start typing.
Quoting: Xpanderhis option doesnt seem to be a case for dolphin, yeah theres a filter but its 1 more click or keybind to to the same i could just start typing.

I also often have issues with Dolphins integrated search menu to find anything. Dunno if it is Baloo or dolphin just being dumb or I am using it wrong. But not being able to find a file in the current folder which I can see and intentionally searched for just to get "No results found" is pretty poor if you ask me.

I ended up installing KFind because it is perfectly able to find all the files but has no indexing so searches take a lot longer since it needs to actively scan the drives.

Surprisingly the file search in the start menu or via KRunner works pretty well but is unfortunately limited to recent opened files which doesn't help much for searching file either.

Which also makes me wonder, tagging files works and you can easily get a list of all files with a certain tag assigned to them via dolphin right away even on external drives. Which makes me wonder even more why the default file search of Dolphin or KDE is so broken :(

Still searching for a better replacement for KDE to be honest but I am very used to KDEs Activities, tags and the window rule override stuff which I often use to force applications which do not support window fullscreen to run in windows fullscreen.

Am I the only one facing great frustration and great success at the same time with KDE? :(
Hamish 21 Jun
A bit late posting for June as well:
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts