Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «57/71»
  Go to:
Hamish Oct 23, 2022
Late posting but I did remember to change my wallpaper to something "festive" for October:

Pengling Oct 25, 2022

Just a quick little tribute to Star Parodier.

I put it together by combining a scan of the game's key-art from the provided wiki link (with added blur/glow to counteract the harsh edges a bit - I didn't feel like spending the entire day getting rid of each stray pixel manually ), with a space background that I found online.

Here's a copy that isn't a screenshot of my desktop.

Last edited by Pengling on 25 October 2022 at 4:43 am UTC
Hamish Nov 21, 2022
The humbling of my main Arch Linux computer continues:

The power button on my Acer X223w monitor has become physically fused, so for now I am using its little brother the Acer X193w which I had spare instead, featuring the same 16:10 aspect ratio but a smaller resolution. I will be looking for a better display, but like with potentially fixing my AMD RX 460 graphics card, it is not the burning priority it would once have been for me as long I am still doing most of my gaming on my retro computer.
Pengling Dec 1, 2022

It's now December 1st here in the UK, so I've moved over to my rotation of Christmas-themed video game desktop-backgrounds. This one, of course, is a Bomberman one, which I'm sure was completely unexpected.

It's an edit of an old 1024x768 image that's archived here - I brought it up to 1920x1080 by moving everyone out to the corners, reconstructing Golem Bomber's missing finger, and adding a bunch more snow. I've uploaded the version that's not a screenshot of my desktop here if anybody would like a copy.

Last edited by Pengling on 1 December 2022 at 1:56 am UTC
Cyril Dec 1, 2022
Quoting: PenglingIt's now December 1st here in the UK, so I've moved over to my rotation of Christmas-themed video game desktop-backgrounds.
Is this really a thing? Am I really out of this world?
I know some people do this for Christmas, Halloween etc, but I never did that... Tell me more.
Pengling Dec 2, 2022
Quoting: CyrilIs this really a thing? Am I really out of this world?
Yeah, it's a thing.

Quoting: CyrilI know some people do this for Christmas, Halloween etc, but I never did that... Tell me more.
There's not really a lot to tell - I just pointed Xfce at a different folder so that it cycles through those this month, haha. Not that I have very many themed backgrounds for this, but I tried to get into the spirit of the season regardless!
Hamish Dec 2, 2022
Also have some seasonal wallpapers:

And still on the hunt for a new monitor.
StoneColdSpider Dec 2, 2022
I got me a new monitor...... So now both screens are the same size and the same resolution!!!!.......

Hamish Dec 2, 2022
So I actually picked up an Acer AL1916W while out thrifting today. It is a sideways upgrade from the Acer X193w I was using as they are both 19" with a 1440x900 maximum resolution, and still a downgrade from the Acer X223w with the faulty power switch I had before, but for $10 I am not going to complain about picking up another 16:10 panel. The AL1916W looks slightly sharper so that's nice I guess, but I will keep looking.
Pengling Dec 28, 2022

A bit of Steam Trading Card art this time - this one is "The Void", from Race The Sun.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.