If you support us through Liberapay, please see this important post.
You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal!
Getting Gal Gun Double Peace to work
Rugaliz commented on 27 November 2017 at 2:55 pm UTC

Hi all

Has anyone been able to get Gal Gun double peace to work?
I'm using wine staging 2.20 and it immediately crashes when i load it.

Rugaliz commented on 12 December 2017 at 11:34 am UTC

Okay so i was able to get the game running using a clean WINE installation.
A new problem arose, now the frame rate i get is incredibly low, heck even witcher 3 runs better under wine than this game. and it's supposed to use DX9...

Kymus commented on 27 December 2017 at 9:35 pm UTC

It works fine on my HTPC (Linux Mint 17.3; wine version 2.21) but it does not seem to run on my PC (Ubuntu 17.10; wine version 2.0.2). I have not noticed any framerate issues while playing (the only thing I've really noticed is that I need a much better mouse). The only real issue I encounter is that the game tends to launch closed and so I have to always ALT+Tab in to it.

Rugaliz commented on 28 December 2017 at 11:58 am UTC

That's interesting.
when i run the game in console i get this message at the end:

================================================================= Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries used by your application. ================================================================= wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000008 at address 0x1401f56a5 (thread 0087), starting debugger...

I tried different versions of the mono runtime including beta releases and makes no difference.
I'm using manjaro linux (arch based). i wonder if it has anything to do with me using the latest nvidia proprietary drivers. i tried running the game on my ubuntu 17.10 laptop with intel hd and it worked fine. Both cases using the latest wine staging.

Julius commented on 28 December 2017 at 3:42 pm UTC

Ok since it was currently very cheap I gave it a try I like Anime, but this isn't my game...

Anyways, works perfectly on my system (Kubuntu 16.04 with nvidia gpu) with a 64bit wine 2.21 staging under PoL. No fresh install, just my regular Steam WINE installation that I use for most games.

Rugaliz commented on 28 December 2017 at 4:35 pm UTC

JuliusOk since it was currently very cheap I gave it a try I like Anime, but this isn't my game...

Anyways, works perfectly on my system (Kubuntu 16.04 with nvidia gpu) with a 64bit wine 2.21 staging under PoL. No fresh install, just my regular Steam WINE installation that I use for most games.

Hey man, thanks for your input! Quick question, what drivers version do you use with it? i'm using 384.98.
Oh and if it's not a bother, what is your version of the mono runtime?

The issue of low framerate could be some regression that doesn't affect the older ubuntu base.

Julius commented on 28 December 2017 at 6:59 pm UTC

In Play On Linux I seem to have "Mono210", "Mono26" and "Mono28" installed. Nvidia driver is also 384.98.

My PC is quite fast, so maybe I have some slowdown issue and just didn't notice it? Seemed very smooth FPS.

Rugaliz commented on 28 December 2017 at 8:35 pm UTC

i tried a playonlinux wine bottle with those versions of mono, same version of wine and same nvidia drivers and still get a slowdown.

I have a i7 4770k and gtx770, i should be more than enough to run this simple game. this is really strange because even the ingame menus are really slow, like ~10 fps slow.

Something about ubuntu and derivatives and arch must be causing this.

Julius commented on 29 December 2017 at 7:15 am UTC

Hmm, maybe it is not actually using mono on my system? I also have some .NET included in that wine bottle.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts