You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
OS Upgrades: Why did Linux get it right?
beko commented on 3 December 2017 at 12:15 am UTC

slaapliedjeHa, what extension are you working on? Can't say I have tried coding for it, doesn't it use javascript/css for extensions?
A …complex one o0 I need a Redmine extension that works (+ time tracking) and is not just a bunch of design fails. I finally started to make some real progress yesterday.

Yes it does use JS. GJS so be precise. Feels like JS _before_ the age of JQuery (and that's already long gone), when developers run in terror from JS.

Tipp: Do not bother until this stuff here is live and common: https://2017.guadec.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Philip-Chimento-GUADEC-2017-Modern-Javascript-in-GNOME.pdf

Mayhap we'll even get recent (or ANY) documentation. The current ones are from ~2012. I guess that happens when you put your money on a documentation system in MONO.

Seriously. I'm a Senior and programming GJS feels like beeing back in 2000.

Philadelphus commented on 3 December 2017 at 2:57 am UTC

I actually just recently (within the last month) upgraded from Debian stable to testing just so I could get that sweet dopamine release that comes from typing "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" more often.

Which reminds me, time to run it again!

s8as8a commented on 3 December 2017 at 9:13 am UTC

PhiladelphusI actually just recently (within the last month) upgraded from Debian stable to testing just so I could get that sweet dopamine release that comes from typing "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade" more often.

Which reminds me, time to run it again!
Lay off the drugs, man!

Ketil commented on 3 December 2017 at 4:34 pm UTC

I recently upgrades fedora from 25 to 26. It took close to two hours, they required reboot into a special environment, and they had disabled login. I decided then that I would switch to ubuntu or arch rather than upgrade to fedora 27.

beko commented on 3 December 2017 at 9:36 pm UTC

KetilI recently upgrades fedora from 25 to 26. It took close to two hours, they required reboot into a special environment, and they had disabled login. I decided then that I would switch to ubuntu or arch rather than upgrade to fedora 27.
Odd. I run an upgrade from 25 to 27. That required said rebooot too but I just went for a coffee and when I came back it was done. No idea what went wrong for you.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Sneaky Beaky: „Mark of the Ninja“
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts