Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Librem 5 - Purism
Arehandoro Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys,

I just bumped into this https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Does anyone here know about the company and/or has any of their laptops? I am quite tempted to pre-order one, sounds like it could be just the phone I have been looking for in ages... or is it better not to trust?

Thanks in advance!
JudasIscariot Dec 5, 2017
I think it's better to wait for actual hands-on reviews :)
Grazen Dec 6, 2017
Quoting: ArehandoroHi guys,

I just bumped into this https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

Does anyone here know about the company and/or has any of their laptops? I am quite tempted to pre-order one, sounds like it could be just the phone I have been looking for in ages... or is it better not to trust?

Thanks in advance!

The company has been around for a while and makes a terrific series of privacy oriented Linux laptops. They ran they Purism 5 as a private Kickstarter (i.e. they didn't run it through Kickstarter, but it was like Kickstarter) and while many of the Linux podcast/bloggers kind of shit all over it (there's this tendency in the Linux world to hope that everybody that's trying to monetize something fails) they had a remarkable success and blew way past their minimum level. I was one of the earliest supporters and can't wait for this phone!
Arehandoro Dec 6, 2017
Quoting: JudasIscariotI think it's better to wait for actual hands-on reviews :)

Actually this makes sense :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.