You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Can't like comments in the news section anymore.
Kiba commented on 7 December 2017 at 12:10 pm UTC

Maybe i'm banned or something?

liamdawe commented on 7 December 2017 at 7:29 pm UTC

We don't have a feature to ban someone from liking, seems to work fine my end.

Open your browser console, F12 and check for any errors when it happens?

Kiba commented on 7 December 2017 at 11:21 pm UTC

Well, i've explained like shit, sorry.
I just can't see the heart icon. So i can't click it or see any errors.

This is the HTML code i see on "comments-actions" zone.
<ul zoompage-fontsize="16"> <li zoompage-fontsize="16"><a class="tooltip-top" href="https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=articles_full&amp;go=report_comment&amp;article_id=10845&amp;comment_id=109304" data-hasqtip="10" oldtitle="Report" title="" zoompage-fontsize="16" aria-describedby="qtip-10"><span class="icon flag" zoompage-fontsize="16">Flag</span></a></li> <li zoompage-fontsize="16"><a class="tooltip-top" href="/index.php?module=block_user&amp;block=5253" data-hasqtip="11" oldtitle="Block User" title="" zoompage-fontsize="16" aria-describedby="qtip-11"><span class="icon block" zoompage-fontsize="16"></span></a></li> <li zoompage-fontsize="16"><a href="#" class="bookmark-content tooltip-top" data-page="normal" data-type="comment" data-id="109304" data-parent-id="10845" data-method="add" data-hasqtip="12" oldtitle="Bookmark" title="" zoompage-fontsize="16" aria-describedby="qtip-12"><span class="icon bookmark" zoompage-fontsize="16"></span></a></li> <li zoompage-fontsize="16"><a class="post_link tooltip-top" data-fancybox="" data-type="ajax" href="https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/darkest-dungeon-the-color-of-madness-dlc-announced-new-quest-type-and-faction.10845/comment_id=109304" data-src="/includes/ajax/call_post_link.php?post_id=109304&amp;type=comment" data-hasqtip="13" oldtitle="Link to this comment" title="" zoompage-fontsize="16" aria-describedby="qtip-13"><span class="icon link" zoompage-fontsize="16">Link</span></a></li> <li zoompage-fontsize="16"><a class="tooltip-top quote_function" data-id="109304" data-type="article_comment" data-hasqtip="14" oldtitle="Quote" title="" zoompage-fontsize="16" aria-describedby="qtip-14"><span class="icon quote" zoompage-fontsize="16">Quote</span></a></li> <li class="like-button" style="" zoompage-fontsize="16"><a class="likebutton tooltip-top" data-type="comment" data-id="109304" data-article-id="10845" data-author-id="5253" data-hasqtip="15" oldtitle="Like" title="" zoompage-fontsize="16"><span class="icon like" zoompage-fontsize="16">Like</span></a></li> </ul>

Kiba commented on 7 December 2017 at 11:25 pm UTC

The heart works fine for articles, but not for comments.

liamdawe commented on 7 December 2017 at 11:36 pm UTC

Oh, now that is very interesting. Do you have plugins installed that adjusts the page, looks like it from the HTML source there, seems like one of them is screwing with rendering. The fact that it's there in the HTML, you should see it, we only put it into the page it if you're able to use it.

Could you do me a favour and login inside a private window, which i believe turns off extensions and see if it appears? That way we can narrow it down.

Kiba commented on 7 December 2017 at 11:57 pm UTC

I've uninstalled an extension that was injecting that code (Zoom Page WE), and tried the private mode, but nothing worked.
<div class="comment-actions"> <ul> <li><a class="tooltip-top" href="https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=articles_full&amp;go=report_comment&amp;article_id=10849&amp;comment_id=109320" data-hasqtip="3" oldtitle="Report" title="" aria-describedby="qtip-3"><span class="icon flag">Flag</span></a></li> <li><a class="tooltip-top" href="/index.php?module=block_user&amp;block=6021" data-hasqtip="4" oldtitle="Block User" title=""><span class="icon block"></span></a></li> <li><a href="#" class="bookmark-content tooltip-top" data-page="normal" data-type="comment" data-id="109320" data-parent-id="10849" data-method="add" data-hasqtip="5" oldtitle="Bookmark" title=""><span class="icon bookmark"></span></a></li> <li><a class="post_link tooltip-top" data-fancybox="" data-type="ajax" href="https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/something-for-the-weekend-the-x-franchise-on-steam-is-free-for-a-few-days-and-on-sale.10849/comment_id=109320" data-src="/includes/ajax/call_post_link.php?post_id=109320&amp;type=comment" data-hasqtip="6" oldtitle="Link to this comment" title=""><span class="icon link">Link</span></a></li> <li><a class="tooltip-top quote_function" data-id="109320" data-type="article_comment" data-hasqtip="7" oldtitle="Quote" title=""><span class="icon quote">Quote</span></a></li> <li class="like-button" style=""><a class="likebutton tooltip-top" data-type="comment" data-id="109320" data-article-id="10849" data-author-id="6021" data-hasqtip="8" oldtitle="Like" title=""><span class="icon like">Like</span></a></li> </ul> </div>

Kiba commented on 8 December 2017 at 12:02 am UTC

I've also deleted cache and all the browser history, hearts still not appearing.

tuubi commented on 8 December 2017 at 9:17 am UTC

KibaI've also deleted cache and all the browser history, hearts still not appearing.
Have you accidentally blocked the element in your ad blocker?

liamdaweCould you do me a favour and login inside a private window, which i believe turns off extensions and see if it appears? That way we can narrow it down.
It doesn't turn them all off, at least not for me. Privacy and ad blocking extensions are still running.

Kiba commented on 8 December 2017 at 12:33 pm UTC

tuubi
KibaI've also deleted cache and all the browser history, hearts still not appearing.

liamdaweCould you do me a favour and login inside a private window, which i believe turns off extensions and see if it appears? That way we can narrow it down.
It doesn't turn them all off, at least not for me. Privacy and ad blocking extensions are still running.
OMG, it's uBlock, but why?

I have some social filters, for all that facebook and twitter things, has the like button something to do with third party sites?

Guppy commented on 8 December 2017 at 1:35 pm UTC

Kiba
tuubi

I have some social filters, for all that facebook and twitter things, has the like button something to do with third party sites?

I run privacybadger ( by the EFF ) and I've no problem seeing/using the button it's a good guess it's not 3rd party

tuubi commented on 8 December 2017 at 2:35 pm UTC

Kiba
tuubiHave you accidentally blocked the element in your ad blocker?

I guessed right then. The selection tool for "cosmetic filtering" can be triggered with a hotkey in uBlock. Maybe you've accidentally pressed it before clicking the like button?

EDIT: I have uBlock Origin as well, and it doesn't block the like button for me by default.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Oxygen Not Included & Rust Christmas Patch!!
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: "Black Mirror 2" (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook