You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
[PLUGIN ISSUE] Can't like comments in the news section anymore.
Kiba commented on 8 December 2017 at 3:12 pm UTC

I don't have any filters for GOL. But i've activated some extra filters like "Adguard’s Annoyance List" or "Fanboy’s Anti-Thirdparty Social", maybe one of them thinks that the GOL like button it's like a Facebook one. I'll try to investigate it.

stretch611 commented on 8 December 2017 at 5:58 pm UTC

I do not block ads... I block javascript. I have no problem with the infrequent ads that do not use javascript.

For GoL... I have whitelisted javascript from gamingonlinux.com and gstatic.com. It blocks all scripts from facebook, twitter, and twitch. I have no problems with the site at all with these restrictions. All social media is blocked and the site is fully functional.

amatai commented on 15 May 2018 at 5:07 pm UTC

I had the same problem with ublock origin and some randomly selected extra filters.

Desactivating ublock for gamingonlinux did the tricks.

liamdawe commented on 15 May 2018 at 5:20 pm UTC

It should be perfectly safe to disable privacy plugins which might mess with some of our features, especially as we have no adverts, no analytics, no tracking, youtube videos only show if you enable them too and so on.

lucifertdark commented on 16 May 2018 at 8:07 am UTC

liamdaweIt should be perfectly safe to disable privacy plugins which might mess with some of our features, especially as we have no adverts, no analytics, no tracking, youtube videos only show if you enable them too and so on.
You may not have those things but Facebag & Google do, I'd rather lose a few features on here than have them peering over my shoulder the entire time I'm online.

liamdawe commented on 16 May 2018 at 9:01 am UTC

lucifertdark
liamdaweIt should be perfectly safe to disable privacy plugins which might mess with some of our features, especially as we have no adverts, no analytics, no tracking, youtube videos only show if you enable them too and so on.
You may not have those things but Facebag & Google do, I'd rather lose a few features on here than have them peering over my shoulder the entire time I'm online.
Sure, do whatever you feel you need to. Facebook doesn't touch our site though, we got rid of the Facebook Group embed in the sidebar a while ago.

Kiba commented on 16 May 2018 at 2:43 pm UTC

liamdawe
lucifertdark
Sure, do whatever you feel you need to. Facebook doesn't touch our site though, we got rid of the Facebook Group embed in the sidebar a while ago.
Great, i hate all those antisocial integration.

amatai commented on 16 May 2018 at 4:05 pm UTC

It is only one ot them, who doesn't have a layered defense nowadays?

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Crawl About: „Paper Sorcerer“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts