You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «22/22
  Go to:
Ehvis 15 Dec, 2021
Quoting: crt0megaI started playing Mass Effect Andromeda recently. It's not as bad as most ppl say.

As I understand it, Andromeda is not a bad game by itself, but a bad Mass Effect game. Apparently the RPG aspect of the game is very shallow.
Avehicle7887 19 Dec, 2021
Been running further tests with AMD FSR and potato GPU's, this time Witcher 3 with an RX 560 (2GB Model). I think that thanks to FSR, Linux is a better choice for gaming on a budget PC.

Native 1440p (high settings):
link

Upscaled from a resolution of 1477x831 (same high settings / capped at 30fps):
link

PS: Don't bother with an RX560, the AMD 5600G integrated GPU performs better.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 19 December 2021 at 3:03 pm UTC
Shmerl 19 Dec, 2021
Sorry for slight off-topic, but how does FSR work with it? I.e. how do you enable it for the game, is it a Vulkan layer?

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 December 2021 at 9:27 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 19 Dec, 2021
Quoting: ShmerlSorry for slight off-topic, but how does FSR work with it? I.e. how do you enable it for the game, is it a Vulkan layer?

Wine needs to be built with 2 specific patches. They can be found in this repo: https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/tree/master/patches/proton

The 2 files required are:

41-valve_proton_fullscreen_hack-staging-tkg.patch
48-proton-fshack_amd_fsr.patch

To enable FSR for games you need these environment variables:

WINE_FULLSCREEN_INTEGER_SCALING=0 (if this is set to 1, FSR doesn't work)
WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR=1
WINE_FULLSCREEN_FSR_STRENGTH=2 (this value can be 1-5)

Once this is done, in your game you'll see some odd resolutions such as the chart below:

link

Do note that it may not work with games that have an internal resolution scale (such as some Unity engine ones). Other than that it works for anything that uses Vulkan.

Also you need to run the games without Wine's Virtual Desktop mode.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 19 December 2021 at 9:59 pm UTC
whizse 9 Jan
  • Supporter
gf
I'm quite glad to see video support is getting better and better in Wine. Her Story is now fully playable.
Avehicle7887 5 days ago
Trying out Rise of the Tomb Raider which is DRM-Free on the Epic Games Store.

link

link
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.