You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Gamers using Radeon + Mesa
dvd commented on 14 January 2018 at 12:29 am UTC

skyrrdSure will do that. But it's a bit more complex. It runs fine on my Debian buster partition and on other distributions where solus' steam (and lsi) snap package can be installed.
Thats to my testing. I have read mixed results with ubuntu.

After some poking around i was able to get rid oft some library issues and am now stuck with a problem that seems to be distribution specific (mesa-bug closed because it "only affects lesser used distributions like gentoo" )

Yes no mans sky is said to use compat profile (and does work with amdgpu-pro and nvidia drivers in wine)
But that was also thought of dying light so i'm not absolutely sure about that.

Excuse me for the OT, but what is esteam? I called Google, but it only threw garbage at me.

beniwtv commented on 16 January 2018 at 10:29 am UTC

A bit late to the party, but here it is:

Gaming PC:
1. Manjaro + latest 4.15rc kernel provided by Manjaro (for the HDMI audio output to the streaming PC)
2. AMD FX 8350 + AMD RX 480 8GB reference card + ASRock 970M Pro3 + 16 GB DDR3 1333
3. Mesa 17.3.2

Streaming PC:
Not really gaming relevant (only when I stream), but has Ubuntu 17.10 + AMD FX 8350 + AMD RX 460 4GB OC edition + ASRock 970M Pro3 + 16 GB DDR3 1333 with whatever kernel + Mesa it ships with

For point 4) and 5) I don't really have any comments, as I didn't have any real problems in a long time with any of the games I've played that would be Mesa-related.

bintsmok commented on 19 January 2018 at 10:04 am UTC

To my fellow Radeon users,

Dying Light now works on Mesa 17.3.2 (Stable Padoka PPA). Tested it on Ubuntu MATE 17.10

pete910 commented on 19 January 2018 at 11:00 am UTC

Was never an issue in ubuntu, it's other distros that's the problem

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Company of Heroes 2 (join in!)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts
Facebook