Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «7/21»
  Go to:
skyrrd May 23, 2018
here's one of my absolute favourits ;)

TheRiddick May 25, 2018
Never could get into ELEX, felt very arcade like and clunky. The aspect of needing certain skills and levels to use a higher level shotgun or pistol was extremely off-putting for me.

If someone ever mods the game to be more open ended RPG with realism then I might give it another go. I don't like artificial blockers in my sci-fi games, and rarely in fantasy games.

As for images, well I have a few laying around but until I can find them here is fo4 at 4k (image is downsized) looking at a texture render issue.

Avehicle7887 Jul 14, 2018
Path of Exile DX11/64bit with DXVK.

To use the DX11 client you will need to apply GloriousEggroll's patch to Wine (tested and works with 3.12).

Avehicle7887 Jul 16, 2018
Today I bought my first modern Windows-only game after about 2 years - Shadow Warrior 2. Running at max details, fps is mostly 60+. Another thing worth mentioning is that this game doesn't stutter like other games during shader compilation.

Shmerl Jul 17, 2018
I was waiting for the native release of SW2, but it's probably never going to happen. Another Linux friendly studio bites the dust. I'll eventually buy it to play in Wine I suppose, when it will be on some big discount.
ageres Aug 12, 2018
How do you people take screenshots of DXVK/Vulkan? When I try to (using scrot) it captures either a black screen or garbage.
ageres Aug 14, 2018
I tried this, and results look... strange.

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

I didn't use a timer, I created a script taking a screenshot on Scroll Lock:

1. Make a bash file screenshot.sh with this text:
#!/bin/bash
date_time_ms=$(date +%F_%T:%3N)
cp "$1" /home/you/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot_$date_time_ms.png
rm "$1"

2. Add a hotkey (in Lubuntu there's lxhotkey for that):
xfce4-screenshooter -wo /home/you/pathtoscript/screenshot.sh

The strange thing is, scrot started to make good screenshots when I tried to use both scrot and xfce4-screenshooter .
ageres Aug 14, 2018
It's not THAT slow to not be able to simply take a screenshot. It's actually is very good in multi-tasking. I think, it's the problem with Nvidia, or LigthDM, or something.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.