Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
hitman flickering
dvd Jan 10, 2018
I jumped on the opportunity to play the newly released holiday pack to see if my new system can handle this game. But i get screen flickering which makes it impossible to enjoy. It seemes to happen around areas which are supposed to be in shadow. I tried to delete shader cache, wich helped with similar artefacts in other games, but this did not help with hitman. I looked up Feral's support page, no luck there either.

My card is a R9 270X and I'm using it with Mesa 17.2.5 and version 4.14 linux kernel.
dvd Jan 10, 2018
Thats too bad since its the only hardware they have listed as supported in their support page. But well, i will not buy it until its fixed. Shame, since i like both Feral and the series.
edddeduck_feral Jan 22, 2018
Quoting: dvdThats too bad since its the only hardware they have listed as supported in their support page. But well, i will not buy it until its fixed. Shame, since i like both Feral and the series.

It's a driver regression (with LLVM AFAIK) once it's fixed then the game should be fine again. In the meantime using an older version o the drivers without the regression should work.
dvd Jan 22, 2018
Quoting: edddeduck_feral
Quoting: dvdThats too bad since its the only hardware they have listed as supported in their support page. But well, i will not buy it until its fixed. Shame, since i like both Feral and the series.

It's a driver regression (with LLVM AFAIK) once it's fixed then the game should be fine again. In the meantime using an older version o the drivers without the regression should work.

Thanks for the confirmation! It's cool to receive feedback from the devs. I will be looking forward to the llvm updates, and will pick the episodes up!
_J_30000 Jun 16, 2018
Hi
I am experiencing a lot of graphical errors on my setup with Nvidia GTX 1060 mobile and nvidia driver 396.24, is anyone else see these?
When I enter the hotel in Bangkok, the screen turns mostly black with a few random artefacts floating about

thanks

J
Avehicle7887 Jun 16, 2018
Quoting: JHi
I am experiencing a lot of graphical errors on my setup with Nvidia GTX 1060 mobile and nvidia driver 396.24, is anyone else see these?
When I enter the hotel in Bangkok, the screen turns mostly black with a few random artefacts floating about

thanks

J

If you run the game with the __GL_NextGenCompiler=0 variable does it still produce same result?

Just a guess, I don't own the game.
jens Jun 17, 2018
  • Supporter
@J I'm using a GTX1080 with the 396.24 driver, no issues here.
@Avehicle7887 As far as I remember Hitman is still OpenGL, so i don't think that __GL_NextGenCompiler=0 would make a difference. That said, the setting "Allow Flipping" (which I have turned off) is an OpenGL option that seem to have effect on Vulkan, so I'm not entirely sure.
_J_30000 Jun 17, 2018
@Avehicle7887 thanks but not luck ( used ....__GL_NextGenCompiler=0 %command%

@jens do you mean "Allow Flipping"in Nvidia settings, that is off already

downgraded nvidia driver to 390.67 and all errors are gone.....

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.