Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
DiRT Rally GOL League - 2010 Extended Season
Page: «8/12»
  Go to:
Xpander Mar 15, 2018
Sweden 2 done, a lot of mistakes but overall i enjoyed the stages.

S1: Spin ~3-4 sec lost
S2: Crash into trees over the snowbank, reverse needed
S3: Fast spin, just some speed lost
S4: Clean
S5: Lucky roll, falling back to road, lost only some speed
S5: hardcore roll, about 4-5 rotations and had to reverse to get myself back on the right direction
tuubi Mar 15, 2018
Had a bit of a rough start, but I've done worse in Sweden. I beat Skully by a few seconds, and that doesn't happen often.
Xpander Mar 18, 2018
First post updated, Germany next!

Only 9 people finished, Starving didn't drive at all i think? :(
Arnvidr Mar 20, 2018
Finished Germany. Have started doing the daily races now and then, and it feels like an immediate improvement on my skills. Could be a coincidence, but I'll try to stick to it and see if I can get my skill level more even.

Stage 1: Pretty good
2: Had to back out of no less than 3 trees, probably lost about 15 seconds here
3&4: Misjudged my drift several times, 3 or 4 head-on smashes into rocks in turns.
5: Another head-on rock smash, but this time I didn't see the rock at all, and I tried to cut its corner.
6: Was doing very good here until at the very end of the third segment where I lost control and *really* smashed into a tree, leaving me a tire short. Still managed to get to the finish line fairly quickly from there though.

Overall, although that probably sounds like a lot of mistakes, I estimate less than a minute loss total on those, which leaves my driving time about half a minute behind muell, and that feels like it's much better than what I've normally been doing, so I'm very satisfied! :)
Skully Mar 21, 2018
Germany went well for me. No real mistakes. Feels like I am driving to carefully and need to push more still.
Xpander Mar 21, 2018
again terrible germany for me. Without the mistakes i was pretty much keeping up with the Skully and Muell with stage times but i messed up the setup on the first 2 stages, configured it slightly later.

S1: crash into stones, reverse needed
S2: crash into stones, reverse needed
S3: clean
S4: crash into stones + spin
S5: clean
S6: clean
tuubi Mar 23, 2018
Made a royal hash of the second stage, even turning the wrong way at one point and getting a penalty. Only one or two smaller mishaps per stage otherwise, which is about as good as I've ever done.
drhood Mar 25, 2018
Hello,

I just want to thank the organizer of this tournament and fellow drivers who participate. It is a blast racing with you all.

Race Summary (Germany)
Was my best performance at Germany, and probably my best series of stages in Dirt Rally ever. All six (6) were clean (i.e., the car and four wheels stayed on the road ~98% of the time). I am slowly improving at Dirt Rally, takes practice and patience.

Looking forward to the final two locations!

drhood (a.k.a, drmaemo)
tuubi Mar 25, 2018
Quoting: drhoodHello,

I just want to thank the organizer of this tournament and fellow drivers who participate. It is a blast racing with you all.

Race Summary (Germany)
Was my best performance at Germany, and probably my best series of stages in Dirt Rally ever. All six (6) were clean (i.e., the car and four wheels stayed on the road ~98% of the time). I am slowly improving at Dirt Rally, takes practice and patience.

Looking forward to the final two locations!

drhood (a.k.a, drmaemo)
Did you seriously beat me by 0.07 seconds? :D
tuubi Mar 27, 2018
Did my run early for once. I kept pushing a bit too hard and that did lead to some small and slightly bigger mistakes, including a penalty. I expect I won't be anywhere close to winning in Wales, but I'll pat myself on the back if I end up less than a minute from the top. ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.