You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
DXVK (D3D11 on Vulkan for WINE) runs Nier Automata!
Page: «4/6»
  Go to:
Faattori Feb 19, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlAnd what can be done now, since Wine staging isn't developed anymore?

I was under the impression that it is being developed in a sense. The project continues at least here https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-staging

It might not strictly be the same staging as before, but the purpose is the same?
RossBC Feb 19, 2018
It's is still being packaged.
https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/dists/artful/main/binary-amd64/Packages

You can still use the instructions from:
https://wine-staging.com/installation.html

Or if you using arch you can use the aur and edit it appropriately to compile.
Shmerl Feb 19, 2018
Quoting: FaattoriI was under the impression that it is being developed in a sense.

I saw that fork, but I don't know how it relates to the previous project or how relevant it is in the context of dxvk. From what I understood, Vulkan patches in the old Wine staging were a hack anyway, and had no chances of upstreaming.
RossBC Feb 19, 2018
From the looks of the commits its mainly dx11 stuff at the moment.

Would assume, all the old patches would either have needed to be modified or removed to compile against each new wine build. If nothing else it still has most if not all the old patches from 2.21 staging and some more dx11 patches.

Looking at the patches folder in git still seems to have all its old stuff, pretty much.
YoRHa-2B Feb 20, 2018
Quoting: ShmerlWhy exactly do you require mingw for building by the way?
Well, I need some way to build libraries that can be used by Wine (and ideally, Windows as well). And it's a lot easier to build stuff with mingw than wineg++.

Quoting: ShmerlAnd what can be done now, since Wine staging isn't developed anymore?
Staging is listed as a requirement because it used to be the only branch with Vulkan support. wine-vulkan works just as well, but getting it to work is a bit more involved.
Shmerl Feb 20, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2B
Quoting: ShmerlWhy exactly do you require mingw for building by the way?
Well, I need some way to build libraries that can be used by Wine (and ideally, Windows as well). And it's a lot easier to build stuff with mingw than wineg++.

I mean, how is Wine itself getting away with doing it all with simply gcc?

Quoting: YoRHa-2BStaging is listed as a requirement because it used to be the only branch with Vulkan support. wine-vulkan works just as well, but getting it to work is a bit more involved.

Looks like upstream Wine is getting Vulkan after all. So things should get easier.
whizse Feb 27, 2018

LA Noire. Quite impressive considering that staging doesn't even get past the intro in DX11 mode.

(Game is locked at 30 fps, so that's not a problem with Wine or dxvk!)
whizse Mar 1, 2018

Dirt 2 demo. This is a DX11 game that works well with Wine, so it was fun to see how dxvk compared. Turns out that it is a little bit faster, around 35fps compared to 27 in staging 2.21 (3.2 is slower).

(Can not for the life of me get dxvk working on anything but 32bit stuff, but that's probably a problem on my end!)
razing32 Mar 1, 2018
Hmm , curios if Elex would run.
May give it a go over the weekend.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.