You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
Game Sales
muntdefems commented on 4 June 2013 at 2:49 pm UTC

You're right, I never noticed the Linux system requirements... It is certainly odd, from what I know GamersGate has never distributed Linux DRM-free games, has it?

liamdawe commented on 4 June 2013 at 2:56 pm UTC

It could also be that the package actually has all the binarys in, worth getting in touch with them or the puddle devs to ask? Either way they need to either get rid of linux sys req or add a linux logo.

muntdefems commented on 4 June 2013 at 3:15 pm UTC

I've sent them a ticket to GamersGate. I hope they reply soon, as this deal ends in less than 15 hours.

liamdawe commented on 4 June 2013 at 3:16 pm UTC

Either way they need to add a Linux logo if they plan to support games for Linux.

muntdefems commented on 4 June 2013 at 3:23 pm UTC

Sure, although I wouldn't be too optimistic about it. Look where does the Linux tag under 'Categories' leads you: http://www.gamersgate.com/linux 

liamdawe commented on 4 June 2013 at 3:24 pm UTC

Well one step at a time, hopefully they will reply with something sane.

muntdefems commented on 4 June 2013 at 4:04 pm UTC

They replied, and looks like the game is really available for Linux!

GamersGateYes, the Puddle game has a linux version.
When game is purchased look in your games list and look on the right, it should say 'Download linux version'. Happy gaming!

I'm adding this sale to the Sales page and I humbly apologize to whomever was unfatigably sending it to us.

liamdawe commented on 4 June 2013 at 4:16 pm UTC

Be sure to send a reply back and ask them to properly note if a game has a Linux version, they currently don't like this one.

muntdefems commented on 4 June 2013 at 4:18 pm UTC

Did it. No reply yet.

muntdefems commented on 6 June 2013 at 12:25 pm UTC

Still no reply, although today I've wrote to them again about this other sale and I once more asked them to properly specify the games that include a Linux version.

On an unrelated topic, seems like Expeditions: Conquistador is still unavailable in my region. I'm wondering if its 10% discount has already ended, as its counterpart on Desura has. Can anybody tell me please?

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts