Rust Server
Plink Feb 13, 2018
I have been killed by yellow eyed "entities" while going for a plane drop at night. My friend killed a couple of them, he said they were named "protector"... Does anyone know what these are? Is this a mod? I can't find any info on them.

Also, is it possible to push the server restart time out by 3 hours? It happens at 10:30 pm my time.
nox Feb 13, 2018
Heya Plink!

Yes, we've added some extra PVE challenges to try to give people more to do than just raiding. So far it seems to have worked very well! :)

I'm working on a wiki article that will document all changes, but basically "High value targets" are more protected.
Launch site features scientists with custom loot tables.
Airfield features some kind of maniacs, again with custom loot tables. Gotten a lot of good feedback about these.
Airdrops will spawn 2 protectors. Those are decently easy to deal with as long as you don't run in.

And, we have about 15 random bots running around on the map. Those have been significantly nerfed recently.

Please send me any feedback / wish for changes and I'll do what I can to make it as close to perfect as possible.

Next, restart time is a hard one.
Due to timezones someone will find it annoying. If I move it out by 3 hours it'll hit on 7:30 my time, which means that I might be busy with work when something goes wrong.

So, the question is, do we hit EU or US players with it? Since it's a EU based server I figured early morning (EU) would be fitting.

I could move it an hour or so back if that would work for you?

EDIT: Started a strawpoll regarding restart time: http://www.strawpoll.me/15063829
14 Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for the poll.

I think there should be rhinos that storm the map every now and then, their coming charge warned by scurrying cockroaches all over the ground.
nox Feb 13, 2018
Thanks for answering the poll! I'll keep it up for another day or so to give both EU and US time to give their vote :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.