You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can support us on Paypal and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Linux(/Wine) games to get hooked on (coop/multiplayer)?
Colombo commented on 23 February 2018 at 2:11 am UTC

liamdaweWhat about a good old RPG with Divinity? Pretty sure that has decent co-op and will last you a while.

While so obnoxious and boring when I try to play it alone, I am looking for two years already to play it with someone... but by current kiwi timezone does not allow that, since most people I know are in Europe:/

jegmancs commented on 23 February 2018 at 10:03 am UTC

If you have a good enough computer, you can always try Starcraft 2. The first 2 campaign is now free to play, and the multiplayer can last forever, if you are willing to grind the ladder each season. Also it is a good test if you have some secret Korean relatives, because even with 10% Korean blood, you can climb easily (if you are not Korean, I am so sorry :-).

SC 2 also has a co-op mode (haven't tried it), and ofc 2v2 and other modes. Arcade (mods) can be also good fun, and it is free.

You might probably need Wine staging for it.

I used to play Killing Floor a long time ago, and it was fun. It is a co-op zombie wave shooter. Many maps, good mechanics, and probably still better than the 2nd game (which has no Linux version). I just mention it, because I don't know if it still has a playerbase, might worth checking out Steam forums. It is frequently on sale.

Left 4 Dead 2 is similar, but different enough to play. Since it doesn't have a sequel, it might have a bigger playerbase than KF.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
  • Zombies and Coffee (7 Days To Die)
  • Date:
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Bear With Me"
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Latest Forum Posts