You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Wine "PBA" - A new project for better Direct3D over OpenGL
Page: «5/7»
  Go to:
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Hydrophobia Propecy

This game have troubles and with vanilla runs around 20fps in menus and 25fps in game

But PBA improve performance so much

Vanilla + PBA

Spoiler, click me

Vanilla + PBA + CSMT

Spoiler, click me

^_^
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Dead Rising 2

This game in many zombies area fps stay around 30 to 38fps in vanilla

With PBA frame are more smoother but added csmt too improve (can rotate camera without impact fps)

Vanilla + PBA

Spoiler, click me

Vanilla + PBA + CSMT

Spoiler, click me

^_^
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Skyrim + Mods

Vanilla + PBA

Spoiler, click me

Vanilla + PBA + CSMT

Spoiler, click me

^_^
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

This title with vanilla dont give more 30 to 35fps

But now with PBA

Spoiler, click me

Curiously added CSMT + PBA give very similar fps

^_^
Xpander Mar 8, 2018
@mrdeathjr can you next time just add average fps results with the links to videos who want to watch all this. Having so many video posts in row is kinda spamming the forum and its hard to find other people comments
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Quoting: Xpander@mrdeathjr can you next time just add average fps results with the links to videos who want to watch all this.

Having so many video posts in row is kinda spamming the forum and its hard to find other people comments

Updated images with spoiler for reduce space and stay avalaible for any want see

^_^
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Test Drive Ferrari Legends

This game in vanilla give around in same scene 30fps and with csmt around 45fps

Vanilla + PBA

Spoiler, click me

Vanilla + PBA + CSMT

Spoiler, click me

^_^
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Vanilla + PBA

Spoiler, click me

Vanilla + PBA + CSMT

Spoiler, click me

^_^
mrdeathjr Mar 8, 2018
If any one interested, this is my wine 3.3 vanilla i386 + pba + donat enikeev csmt patch in deb package

https://mega.nz/#!nY0wgQQC!iRnIeVxWMmpFj0vCIiWnEsRqf3zzaIa5mwOZaJ9do7c

^_^
Goldpaw Mar 8, 2018
For those interested I've created a package for Arch Linux (AUR) based on wine-staging 3.3 with the latest PBA patches applied. This package uses git versions of wine, wine-staging and wine-pba, unlike our other AUR package which uses stable/tagged releases only.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wine-staging-pba-git/

Can't speak for anybody else, but on my AMD Radeon RX480 I've had the best results with CSMT enabled (who'd thunk, eh?) in winecfg as well as the following env variables set:

env WINEDEBUG=-all __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 __GL_YIELD=USLEEP __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=0 wine64 <yourwineapp>

In the sinner that started it - world of warcraft - I experienced a massive fps increase in my druid order hall with DirectX11, jumping from 15-25fps and up to 25-85fps. Numbers of course differ depending on where I am, but generally my framerate has increased radically all over the game.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.