Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Relaxing Games
Page: 0/2»
  Go to:
riusma Mar 5, 2018
Mini Metro, an exigent and relaxing game! :)
razing32 Mar 5, 2018
Quoting: GuestI think Life Is Strange is relaxing to play. You could always just go to bed if you're eyeballs are falling out of your head from exhaustion.

I eventually did that.
Did manage to squeeze in 15 mins of Organ Trail before though.
whizse Mar 5, 2018
Why not Outlast? :P

I think Osmos would be a good candidate for relaxation. The soundtrack is nice and soothing too.
Ehvis Mar 5, 2018
I've been using Stardew Valley for that exact purpose. Play a couple of in-game days to unwind a bit before sleep.
jens Mar 5, 2018
  • Supporter
I guess European/American Truck Simulator could do the trick too.
Marky Mar 5, 2018
Streets of Rogue worked well for me. Also the Saint's Row games. I find in general any comedic game is great for unwinding.
g000h Mar 6, 2018
Not exactly "relaxing" but I tend to play games which are fairly difficult / hard-core but don't take me lots of effort to engage with them.

Crypt of the Necrodancer - You can play it with ONE HAND. Now, I guess there are some fnarr fnarr comments to go with that statement, but I find it perfect for having a pint / drinking a coffee or tea / eating snacks while playing relatively casually. It is very unforgiving though, so you need to be quick-witted to really play it. Also, I find it very addictive and easy to play (for 5-30 minutes) and then put it down again.

FTL (Faster Than Light) - I have played this games for hundreds of hours, but there are still achievements I haven't finished yet. Only the other day I completed the game (kill the final boss) with the Zoltan Layout C space-ship (Quite difficult to do, as the ship is pretty weak when you begin and you're quite affected by RNG early on.) I like the Pause mechanic and the fact I can stop the game, and start exactly where I stopped. I play this in 10 min-3 hour sessions.

SkyForce Anniversary or Reloaded - Again, this is a difficult hard-core game (arcade shoot em up), but I find it okay to play when I'm relatively tired and play for a short-ish time (e.g. 5-30 minutes).

Kingdom Classic or New Lands - Some more ONE HANDED goodness. But, seeing as I've never completed it, I guess despite its casual nature, it is pretty difficult.

Race The Sun - Again, this is difficult requiring fast reactions, but is easy to get stuck in, play for a few minutes. One handed too ;)

Reigns - Swipe left or right game.

Refunct - Jump around game.

The sort of games I don't like to play, when I'm feeling tired, are complicated or long-story/side-quest based ones. I'd not be happy to play Dying Light, Hitman, Tomb Raider 2013, Mad Max, Torchlight 2 - for instance. Also, I'd tend to steer away from games where I'm not familiar with the mechanics / strategy or there are issues with being able to save your exact position (to return later). For example - RUST - you can't really stop playing when you want, because you need to return to your base before saving (and you could be 30 minutes real-time journey away from your base.)
scaine Mar 6, 2018
I can recommend either of the Kingdom Rush games. Very relaxing to play, easy mechanics to remember, fairly short (30 min) sessions.
razing32 Mar 8, 2018
Quoting: g000hNot exactly "relaxing" but I tend to play games which are fairly difficult / hard-core but don't take me lots of effort to engage with them.

Crypt of the Necrodancer - You can play it with ONE HAND. Now, I guess there are some fnarr fnarr comments to go with that statement, but I find it perfect for having a pint / drinking a coffee or tea / eating snacks while playing relatively casually. It is very unforgiving though, so you need to be quick-witted to really play it. Also, I find it very addictive and easy to play (for 5-30 minutes) and then put it down again.

FTL (Faster Than Light) - I have played this games for hundreds of hours, but there are still achievements I haven't finished yet. Only the other day I completed the game (kill the final boss) with the Zoltan Layout C space-ship (Quite difficult to do, as the ship is pretty weak when you begin and you're quite affected by RNG early on.) I like the Pause mechanic and the fact I can stop the game, and start exactly where I stopped. I play this in 10 min-3 hour sessions.

SkyForce Anniversary or Reloaded - Again, this is a difficult hard-core game (arcade shoot em up), but I find it okay to play when I'm relatively tired and play for a short-ish time (e.g. 5-30 minutes).

Kingdom Classic or New Lands - Some more ONE HANDED goodness. But, seeing as I've never completed it, I guess despite its casual nature, it is pretty difficult.

Race The Sun - Again, this is difficult requiring fast reactions, but is easy to get stuck in, play for a few minutes. One handed too ;)

Reigns - Swipe left or right game.

Refunct - Jump around game.

The sort of games I don't like to play, when I'm feeling tired, are complicated or long-story/side-quest based ones. I'd not be happy to play Dying Light, Hitman, Tomb Raider 2013, Mad Max, Torchlight 2 - for instance. Also, I'd tend to steer away from games where I'm not familiar with the mechanics / strategy or there are issues with being able to save your exact position (to return later). For example - RUST - you can't really stop playing when you want, because you need to return to your base before saving (and you could be 30 minutes real-time journey away from your base.)

Thanks for the suggestions.
The problem is not the time taken , but the reflexes needed.
If i play tired at the end of the day with half my brain off , results won't be stellar shall we say.
I agree on Regins , I even forgot i had them , thanks for reminding me.
Also , did not try Kingdom yet. Might be worth a go.

Quoting: scaineI can recommend either of the Kingdom Rush games. Very relaxing to play, easy mechanics to remember, fairly short (30 min) sessions.

True it starts out like that , but i feel the pain around the halfway point of the game.
If i recall the first Kingdom Rush it was around the point of the mountains. I had to replay that mission like 4 times.
Also , when are we getting the Elven one on Linux :-P
g000h Mar 26, 2018
Noting that Lazy Galaxy might perfectly fit into your relaxing gaming list.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.