You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
Shadows of Mordor graphics card unknown
rcgamer commented on 6 March 2018 at 2:48 am UTC

In Shadows of Mordor It has unknown for my graphics card. Anyone else seen this or know a fix? Also the game will only start in windowed mode.

dvd commented on 12 March 2018 at 4:18 pm UTC

I get this in several other feral games too. It generally means that your grapchics card wasn't supported at release, which was mainly a problem for AMD/Intel users in the past, when good opengl 4.x. support wasn't done yet for these brands. I've not experienced such bug with fullscreen though, it ran fine for the most part, except always freezing during the penultimate mission.

rcgamer commented on 12 March 2018 at 10:24 pm UTC

It's weird because I've played it on linux with this same setup before and had no problems. Once I get it to run I can then go fullscreen and the game runs great. Maybe a driver issue.

rcgamer commented on 12 March 2018 at 10:46 pm UTC

I think I just fixed the fullscreen problem using the same advice I have seen for windows users who experience this. You have to go to the WB Games folder and change the line in render.cfg that says AspectRatioLock from 1.000000 to 0.0000000. The folder is in /home/(user name)/.local/share/feral-interactive/ShadowOfMordor/AppData/WB Games. Maybe that will help someone else.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Official Livestreams
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts