Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
would like some advice for building a desktop
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
lucinos May 18, 2018
I will make some update.

I have the new computer for about a week :)

I bought an i5-8400 and an RX 560
(I came very close to choose a ryzen r5-2600, but it was not really available, so intel it is)

Installed manjaro kde and it works very good.

I have played a lot of Dirt Rally this week :) It runs really good choosing ultra settings (as about everything I tried so far)

Almost all games work with no problems and I have not attempted any fix (for example I have not installed steam-native yet, I do not know if it is advisable but on intel and older amd it was required for steam to even run)

So far I found three games that do not work (at least not "out of the box", as I have not attempted any fix and unless someone says something quite easy I have too many games that do work and I am too lazy for attempting solutions)
UPDATE EDIT: All this games are running fine on my system! I do not know why Grid initially failed but it is ok and Attila and medieval just need to not block the compositing. :)
*Grid Autosport
*Total War: ATTILA
*Medieval II: Total War

Total War: SHOGUN 2 also seems to run perfectly, so not all Total War series have the problem
Tomb Raider runs perfectly :) but on the cinematic I get a lot of tearing

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.