You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Re-doing the design, again!
Page: «10/11»
  Go to:
muntdefems Jun 18, 2013
Quoting: liamdawe4) Go to "Manage Sale Providers" on the admin ;)

D'oh!!! I swear I searched the option but I didn't see it...
Liam Dawe Jun 18, 2013
Also fixed the drmfree checkbox on editing :)
muntdefems Jun 18, 2013
Awesome, thanks! :D

(I've already added the missing sales providers.)
Liam Dawe Jun 20, 2013
A few small cosmetic changes:
  • Category will now not be inside the tagline text.

• Comments count moved to own line below the text, feels much more right to see it after the tagline

• Fixed article preview template still being from the old website for users submitting (oops!)

s_d Jun 20, 2013
Another weird bug.

Go to an article.  Page down to the bottom, and click "Post Comment" (don't enter any text).

Notice that you're now on the Serious Sam 4 article... :S:
Liam Dawe Jun 20, 2013
Quoting: s_dAnother weird bug.

Go to an article.  Page down to the bottom, and click "Post Comment" (don't enter any text).

Notice that you're now on the Serious Sam 4 article... :S:
Fixed.

Okay pushed a few more changes guys:
  • Comments link on home page/category view now goes to the comments (other sites do it, i found it annoying that it didn't)

• Fixed the whole no new line after quoting someone issue.

• Removed the adsense advert that was next to the Dirk 2 ad up the top (mainly as adsense doesn't work right with responsive designs, even if I hide an advert for smaller screen sizes the code is still ran giving false impressions and causing other issues, so now one less ad and dirk 2 for troy has more exposure too.

More updates to come, as always it's a work in progress but it's looking pretty solid now!
Liam Dawe Jun 20, 2013
Oh forgot this one:
  • Updated SCEditor to the latest dev version, fixes many issues including, you no longer have to highlight a link to remove it, just click on it anywhere in the link and click remove link button on the toolbar, finally! :D

muntdefems Jun 21, 2013
I've found a new bug. When making an article an Editor's Pick using the link in the front page, it happens this: http://i.imgur.com/3qmvcDQ.png

PS: You may also want to fix the confirmation message too ("it's" should be "its"). :)
Liam Dawe Jun 21, 2013
Should now be fixed please confirm, also rolled out a small change:
  • SCEditor (Our WYSIWYG bbcode editor) javascript files are now only loaded on pages that actually have the editor, saving you loading 67kb on javascript when not needed for the sake of maybe 2-3kb extra php code to do the check :D

That change should make certain pages like our actual home page load 1-2 seconds faster, a lot if you are actually watching it load!
muntdefems Jun 21, 2013
Problem fixed, thanks!

About the other change, the home page certainly seems to be loading faster but that could easily be autosuggestion. :P
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.