Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group B Extended Season
Page: «7/11»
  Go to:
Xpander May 29, 2018
Quoting: SkullyI think you can. But you also have other fingers.

i have Logitech Driving Force GT which has super small gear shifting paddles, so with other fingers it will be hardcore hard(middle finger is perfect for that). well i guess i will see, maybe the finger is much better by the end of the week, so i don't have to do an automatic gearbox run
Soltrumman May 31, 2018
Hey. Would like to join the League, Steam / Codemasters-name is Soltrumman. Great to jump in on Monaco so i can put my rolling over the railings-skills to good use!
Xpander May 31, 2018
Quoting: SoltrummanHey. Would like to join the League, Steam / Codemasters-name is Soltrumman. Great to jump in on Monaco so i can put my rolling over the railings-skills to good use!

accepted!
and Welcome to the League!
Xpander Jun 1, 2018
Monaco done. Terrible as expected. Opted to use another finger for gear switching. Ofc failed with the switching in many places, specially on the hairpins, as it was weird when the wheel was turned around. Lots of mistakes, wall kissing and 1 penalty also.

Summary:

S1: Bump from the Snowbank, landed on the roof +15 sec, Crash into Cars, reverse needed
S2: Heavy Crash into the Walls, Engine shut down, Reverse was needed
S3: Crash into cars again, Reverse needed
S4: Clean (with minor gear changing mistakes)
S5: Spin at the Hairpin
S6: Spin at the same Hairpin
Skully Jun 1, 2018
All that and only 15 seconds behind me. I had a nice clean run the whole way.
Xpander Jun 2, 2018
Quoting: SkullyAll that and only 15 seconds behind me. I had a nice clean run the whole way.

yeah, i was pushing like crazy to make up all my mistakes though. I think i lost around 40 sec with those mistakes in total, worst of was the penalty for getting the car on the wheels again, thisone alone took around 20 sec cause of the crash itself and sliding on the roof a bit. Rest of them were like 5 sec each and spins maybe 3 sec. Still not bad considering then. I was sure you made some mistakes also. Specially the 4th stage which i drove clean but i was kissing walls in places and had some gear change F ups where i lost lot of momentum, but still managed to win you with about 6 sec
Soltrumman Jun 2, 2018
I made it through and I did not fall over the railings this time... But i came close, somehow managed to straddle a low stone wall with the car just sligthly balancing towards the road and enough grip to get it off and back on the road.

Group B cars always catch me of guard, took a few levels to get used to it and the last three levels were pretty ok!
Arnvidr Jun 3, 2018
I made sure to drive off into oblivion. Bah. :D
tuubi Jun 3, 2018
Despite my usual spins and crashes and even a penalty on the second stage, I really can't complain about the result. It's not often I get this close to Xpander's time. I'll just ignore his temporary handicap. :)
Xpander Jun 4, 2018
First post updated!
Sweden is running!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.