You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal!
  Go to:
[Fixed] Notification links
liamdawe commented on 26 April 2018 at 9:15 am UTC

SalvatosCould it be related to the "Click to view long quote from..." feature? I assume the page loads all content then it gets shrunk with JS, and that throws Firefox off somehow?

Though Ehvis's link above works as expected for me every time and there's long quotes in it too.
Ohhhh, didn't think of that. You may very well be right about that! Interesting, will have to think on how to best solve that one.

tuubi commented on 26 April 2018 at 9:46 am UTC

liamdawe
SalvatosCould it be related to the "Click to view long quote from..." feature? I assume the page loads all content then it gets shrunk with JS, and that throws Firefox off somehow?

Though Ehvis's link above works as expected for me every time and there's long quotes in it too.
Ohhhh, didn't think of that. You may very well be right about that! Interesting, will have to think on how to best solve that one.
I think my suggestion to set the scroll position after everything else is done should work. That's not too hard with jQuery or the experimental Element.scrollIntoView() method.

liamdawe commented on 26 April 2018 at 10:37 am UTC

Okay, this should now be solved, works with 100% replication in both Chrome and Firefox for me now.

I'm now counting the quotes, once the JS loop has finished, it will then use the scrollIntoView() method

Ehvis commented on 26 April 2018 at 1:01 pm UTC

Appears to work beautifully now!

Salvatos commented on 26 April 2018 at 3:44 pm UTC

Seems fixed for me too! Good job and thanks!

Ehvis commented on 18 May 2018 at 1:30 pm UTC

It appears something got broken again. Clicking the comment links in the side bar now scrolls two far (title and approx. two lines are clipped).

It's fine when you click links from the "see more comments" page though. Apparently the ?page=...#id version broke, but the /comment_id=... version is still ok.

liamdawe commented on 18 May 2018 at 2:24 pm UTC

Actually, nothing broke, I just never updated the sidebar

Done, fixed.

Ehvis commented on 18 May 2018 at 4:11 pm UTC

Thanks!

Something must have changed though. It worked when you fixed that last problem. Anyway, good to have the permanent solution in there!

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts