You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
Ubuntu Desktop Icons
liaemars commented on 17 June 2018 at 2:27 pm UTC

Hi all

I am more than a bit confused....

my main setup is a fairly bland Ubuntu 17.10 setup with Gnome desktop, however I am running into a very annoying issue:

my custom icons are all messed - ie if I ask Steam to put a desktop icon into the desktop folder then it shows a generic cogs (I am using the pop icon theme, but it does not matter which theme I use it always happens).

when I change the desktop to Cinnamon all the icons appear fine with the right PNG.

Any ideas what to do ?

thanks

MKN-dev-LINUX commented on 17 June 2018 at 8:54 pm UTC

Its a little better on Ubuntu 18.04. Most icons will be correct, however, there are the odd balls where I have needed to search for the icon within the steam folder(s) and manually apply it.

I personally would upgrade to 18.04, but I don't know if that's an option for you. How about you opt into the steam beta and give that a shot?

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts