Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
GOL Mascot Discussion
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
sobkas May 24, 2013
Quoting: liamdawePersonally I think the 404 should remain plain as it's such a simple page (apart from your awesome new icon for it!).
Could You move text and graphics into the center, left side looks a bit overcrowded(and is to close to the border of the screen).
Liam Dawe May 24, 2013
Yeah it does look better in the middle, done.
Alex V.Sharp May 25, 2013
Quoting: liamdawe...instead of him holding a mouse maybe he could be grabbing the G in the Gaming On Linux text?
Yeah, I was thinking that but wrote "L" instead by accident. I guess it all comes down to the size of the fontwork. It'll be either that or simply start the text below his elbow. As far as the name goes, I already chose to let others decide on that.

Quoting: sobkashow do You feel about changeable accessories in Your logo. Mr. Xut(or Mrs, it's a penguin) might be holding different thing depending on the date(bodypillow with Linus Torvalds on his birthday or something)
This is a good idea actually. The logo would be always the same (static) however we could have small variations on specific dates. Kind of like what Google does with their logo: with a little hint about what's happening on an interesting day. Might be a cool idea, and since it'll always be the same bushy-eyebrows tech-sunglasses wearing blue penguin I believe it will only expand the 'brand'. I can even (in due time) upload an easy-to-edit SVG file for other users to download and make their own little alterations, so we can hold design competitions for certain events too.
Liam Dawe May 26, 2013
Well try a few font sizes with him grabbing the G in Gaming On Linux and pop them up here? We can judge the best font size then.

For now I would rather we focus on getting the main bases completed so we can push ahead with the new design and work on other season/people focused additions to GOLLUM later.
muntdefems May 26, 2013
So it will really be named GOLLUM? :D
Liam Dawe May 27, 2013
Sure why not :D
sobkas May 29, 2013
Tolkien Estate might send a nasty letter?
muntdefems May 30, 2013
We drop the second L, then. :P
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.