You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
GOL Mascot Discussion
sobkas commented on 24 May 2013 at 6:08 pm UTC

liamdawePersonally I think the 404 should remain plain as it's such a simple page (apart from your awesome new icon for it!).
Could You move text and graphics into the center, left side looks a bit overcrowded(and is to close to the border of the screen).

Liam Dawe commented on 24 May 2013 at 6:12 pm UTC

Yeah it does look better in the middle, done.

Alex V.Sharp commented on 25 May 2013 at 5:14 pm UTC

liamdawe...instead of him holding a mouse maybe he could be grabbing the G in the Gaming On Linux text?
Yeah, I was thinking that but wrote "L" instead by accident. I guess it all comes down to the size of the fontwork. It'll be either that or simply start the text below his elbow. As far as the name goes, I already chose to let others decide on that.

sobkashow do You feel about changeable accessories in Your logo. Mr. Xut(or Mrs, it's a penguin) might be holding different thing depending on the date(bodypillow with Linus Torvalds on his birthday or something)
This is a good idea actually. The logo would be always the same (static) however we could have small variations on specific dates. Kind of like what Google does with their logo: with a little hint about what's happening on an interesting day. Might be a cool idea, and since it'll always be the same bushy-eyebrows tech-sunglasses wearing blue penguin I believe it will only expand the 'brand'. I can even (in due time) upload an easy-to-edit SVG file for other users to download and make their own little alterations, so we can hold design competitions for certain events too.

Liam Dawe commented on 26 May 2013 at 3:31 pm UTC

Well try a few font sizes with him grabbing the G in Gaming On Linux and pop them up here? We can judge the best font size then.

For now I would rather we focus on getting the main bases completed so we can push ahead with the new design and work on other season/people focused additions to GOLLUM later.

muntdefems commented on 26 May 2013 at 10:08 pm UTC

So it will really be named GOLLUM?

Liam Dawe commented on 27 May 2013 at 9:45 am UTC

Sure why not

sobkas commented on 29 May 2013 at 8:09 pm UTC

Tolkien Estate might send a nasty letter?

muntdefems commented on 30 May 2013 at 6:32 pm UTC

We drop the second L, then.

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts