Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Building Mesa from source and using Mesa master
entropie commented on 18 September 2019 at 7:07 pm UTC

Great that did the trick, it worked now, even with llvm 10 .

Witcher 3 mesa-aco 19.3

Shmerl commented on 19 September 2019 at 2:25 am UTC

Still hangs with Navi though. I tested aco-navi branch with TW3 - hangs right on startup.

Avehicle7887 commented on 5 October 2019 at 7:27 pm UTC

I have a question, is there any way to compile Mesa by linking it to a custom libdrm folder? My system ships with an older version of the libdrm but I can compile 2.4.99 easily, all I need now is to configure Mesa to use the non-system shipped headers/libraries.

Thanks!

Shmerl commented on 5 October 2019 at 11:58 pm UTC

I actually wrote about this very issue in this thread before.

In such case I simply build a newer libdrm package for Debian and install it system wide. It's easier than pointing to some custom libdrm location when building. In your case you need both regular and dev package for building Mesa.

I wrote down for myself how to do it, so here is my note:

Let's say Debian still has older libdrm (let's say 2.4.97), and you want a newer one (2.4.99).

Make sure to have devscripts package installed.

wget https://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/libdrm-2.4.99.tar.gz -O $HOME/downloads/libdrm-2.4.99.tar.gz

mkdir -p $HOME/build/libdrm
cd $HOME/build/libdrm
sudo apt-get build-dep libdrm
apt-get source libdrm
cd libdrm-2.4.97
uupdate ~/downloads/libdrm-2.4.99.tar.gz
cd ../libdrm-2.4.99
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -nc

# You might need to add some missing symbol definitions along the way to match new upstream

To build 32-bit variant, use:

apt-get build-dep -a i386 libdrm
dpkg-buildpackage -a i386 -us -uc -nc

# You might need to install some gcc packages manually, since apparently build-dep -a i386 is not enough.

# Possibly dpkg --force-overwrite -i is needed, to work around changelog
conflicts in packages.

Avehicle7887 commented on 6 October 2019 at 3:48 pm UTC

ShmerlI actually wrote about this very issue in this thread before.

In such case I simply build a newer libdrm package for Debian and install it system wide. It's easier than pointing to some custom libdrm location when building. In your case you need both regular and dev package for building Mesa.

I wrote down for myself how to do it, so here is my note:

Thanks for the tips, I went ahead and compiled/packaged the new libs. Installation went smooth and the Mesa config did get to the next step. I still have a few outdated packages to work on but getting there.

Considering how old Debian 9 is, all the signs would tell me to go for something newer. It's been a fun learning experience though so I'll keep digging

Shmerl commented on 6 October 2019 at 4:30 pm UTC

Sure, upgrade to Debian testing, and avoid the mess. Even there such stuff as above is needed during freeze periods, that's why I was doing it. But for the most part it's up to date.

entropie commented on 7 October 2019 at 8:50 am UTC

I have a massive fps increase on all games since the 5.4-rc1 kernel, mesa-aco 19.3 and an Agesa Update to 1.0.0.3abba. Did they enable AMD LRU bulk moves already on the 5.4 release? Its really fantastic, even already hitting 60 - 70 fps in Star Citizen.

Here is a video of ED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kEjQTRkUM

Shmerl commented on 7 October 2019 at 11:54 am UTC

They did enable bulk moves, but afetr 5.4-rc1 (i.e. 5.4-rc2 has it). I can't test Aco yet, due to it being still quite buggy with Navi.

entropie commented on 7 October 2019 at 9:52 pm UTC

ShmerlThey did enable bulk moves, but afetr 5.4-rc1 (i.e. 5.4-rc2 has it). I can't test Aco yet, due to it being still quite buggy with Navi.

OH my... then there are more fps to come. I am in Mesa wonderland .
Hopefully they fix Navi soon for you too.

x_wing commented on 10 October 2019 at 12:30 pm UTC

ShmerlThey did enable bulk moves, but afetr 5.4-rc1 (i.e. 5.4-rc2 has it). I can't test Aco yet, due to it being still quite buggy with Navi.

Maybe it improved a little bit: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=RADV-Navi-GFX10-ACO-Lands

Go to:

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Battle Planet - Judgement Day
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts