You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Intermediate Graphics Card Upgrade - Advice
crt0mega commented on 26 July 2018 at 5:33 am UTC

Looks like JC went for that 580. Congrats!

Arehandoro commented on 26 July 2018 at 7:33 am UTC

Shmerl
ArehandoroOn the other hand, the kind of games that I play aren't so demanding either -The Witcher 3 is probably the most demanding game I have played for a while- which makes me think I could probably wait till next year with 7nm and the new cards.

Same here. The Witcher 3 is probably the most demanding game I have now. Vega 56 helps with it quite a bit though. Significant difference from Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 card I had before (which is quite close in specs to RX 580).

What CPU do you have and what's the wattage of your power supply, if you don't mind me asking? Heard Vega is a sucker for power and would like to keep that at a minimum.

mt7479 commented on 26 July 2018 at 12:29 pm UTC

crt0megaLooks like JC went for that 580. Congrats!

Yep. And after some initial tests I'm very pleased. Big improvement over my 770 gtx.

The card arrived one day before my vacation so I'm looking forward to do some further testing.

Shmerl commented on 27 July 2018 at 3:14 am UTC

ArehandoroWhat CPU do you have and what's the wattage of your power supply, if you don't mind me asking? Heard Vega is a sucker for power and would like to keep that at a minimum.

Ryzen 7 2700X / Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanum 750 W. You can probably get a lower wattage PSU for such kind of setup, but I got this to have a spare margin. Vega is indeed power hungry, especially Nitro+ variants from Sapphire. That's why I got Pulse Vega 56. It's less power hungry and is still noticeably better than RX 480 / 580.

Arehandoro commented on 27 July 2018 at 7:27 am UTC

Shmerl
ArehandoroWhat CPU do you have and what's the wattage of your power supply, if you don't mind me asking? Heard Vega is a sucker for power and would like to keep that at a minimum.

Ryzen 7 2700X / Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanum 750 W. You can probably get a lower wattage PSU for such kind of setup, but I got this to have a spare margin. Vega is indeed power hungry, especially Nitro+ variants from Sapphire. That's why I got Pulse Vega 56. It's less power hungry and is still noticeably better than RX 480 / 580.

Cool thanks, will keep that in mind

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Syberia“ (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts