Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DXVK on Debian
TurtleShark Aug 10, 2018
So I saw a thread a while back about what Debian version people are running for gaming. I was curious about peoples Nvidia graphics drivers situation. Are any of you on stable with version 396 (for DXVK)? If so, are you mixing testing/stable or are you using Nvidia's installer? If I decide to use your method, what do I need to be aware of and where is the best documentation?

Thanks ahead of time!

EDIT: Just realized even unstable doesn't have version 396...So if anyone is on Debian and using DXVK, howed you get it setup?
sr_ls_boy Aug 10, 2018
I was having trouble for the longest time with dxvk until I stopped running
setup_dxvk.sh in the 32 bit folder. I would skip it.
slaapliedje Aug 11, 2018
I installed 396.51 from experimental the other day to try to fix the weird gdm issue (haven't tested yet if it did fix that) but it seems to have done something to my SteamVR, so it no longer is freezing, but it also no longer displays on the headset.

I'll have to try dxvk with it when I get some time.
legluondunet Aug 11, 2018
Hello,
I'm using Nvidia drivers official from Ubuntu depot: 390.48 and DXVK 0.64 (binaries available on official git page).
Shmerl Aug 12, 2018
I'm using Debian testing but with AMD. DXVK works very well. I build Mesa and dxvk from source, and simply overwrite dxvk dlls after each build (you need to run installation script setup_dxvk.sh at least once).
Shmerl Aug 13, 2018
Quoting: GuestThere is no need to build Mesa for Debian testing/sid, Oibaf ppa Cosmic version works with Debian testing/sid. See method B: ppas in Debian

You need to, in order to use latest llvm snapshot which is recommended for dxvk. And I don't think it's a good idea to add Ubuntu repos to Debian.

When I build Mesa, I don't replace system packages with it, I only load it on demand when needed.
Shmerl Aug 13, 2018
It's still going to replace system packages - not a good method. See example here how to do it without replacing them.
TurtleShark Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for the reply guys, when I get the time I'll try some of the methods.

Quoting: legluondunetHello,
I'm using Nvidia drivers official from Ubuntu depot: 390.48 and DXVK 0.64 (binaries available on official git page).

Really? On another Ubuntu machine it was having issues with that driver and DXVK 0.6x and up. I wonder if it depends on the game.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.