Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Is X-com: The Bureau Declassified wine compatible?
Comandante Ñoñardo Aug 16, 2018
I ask this because The Bureau: XCOM® Declassified™ was just released on GOG. ^_^
Koopacabras Aug 16, 2018
I think that game has a problem with dotnet. I remember running it only once, can't find a proper workaround. I mean sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the setup.
Koopacabras Jul 20, 2019
sorry to resurrect this old thread . I finally made this game run (following the comments on protondb. The trick is that you need to install dotnet40 on top of dotnet35 and then vcrun2008, with wine 4.12 it works, other versions may fail. And for the steam version you need some "fix" because it has some DRM lock-ins (which makes me very angry). So I'm using a "fix" with the Steam version, I don't consider that pirating because I bought the game and can't run it, so it's unfair. If anyone wants to know what that "fix" is PM because I really don't want to promote that stuff.

It works with proton as well but you need to install dotnet35 and dotnet40 with the command WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/65930/pfx/ winetricks dotnet35 and then WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/65930/pfx/ winetricks dotnet40 , using a wine version that doesn't fail installing dotnet35 like wine 4.12.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.