Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Sherlock Holmes The devil's daughter
Koopacabras Aug 18, 2018
it has some problems, the camera movement gets locked sometimes, performance is not good enough and pulseaudio supersedes audio tracks.

The steam version has the nasty DENUVO, get the GOG version.
It needs working dotnet 4 on 64 bit, which is a pain in the ass, because in most wine versions dotnet 4 is broken on 64 bit.

Wine 3.11 DXVK 0.70

https://youtu.be/A8mqBipsALo

EDIT: audio can be fixed by installing xact with winetricks, movement lock can be fixed following this guide https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mouse_polling_rate
Koopacabras Aug 19, 2018
uh? is disabling pulseaudio completely on plasma even possible??. Anyway I wiped out the pulseaudio configuration and now is much better. I call it 90% playable. The most annoying bug is the camera lock, but you can press Escape or Tab and it unlocks.
Koopacabras Aug 23, 2018
with wine 3.14 is now broken, with Proton it doesn't work.
Koopacabras Aug 23, 2018
now dotnet 4 got broken because I messed my win bottle. It's a little tricky to get dotnet 4 running.

I get this error now.:(

Quote003c:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"Application: Sherlock.exe\nFramework Version: v4.0.30319\nDescription: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 000006447F2064DC (000006447F100000) with exit code 80131506.\n"
Koopacabras Sep 1, 2018
Not sure what got broke in the 3.11 wine installation, anyways, seems working again with wine 3.15.
Koopacabras Sep 24, 2018
I have great news on this!! I found a way to run the steam version which has DENUVO. I took a look at the gog version which also has the steam api dll, turns out that if you replace all the files in the Binaries/Win64 folder (with gog ones) the game runs just fine!!:D:D

Just try not to mention this in the steam forums because I'm afraid they could send patch to make things incompatible. Besides I don't know if this violate some ToS or EULA, I take no responsibility if you have some legal problem with steam, this could be considered piracy in some countries.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.