You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
SteamPlay compatibility list
whizse commented on 9 September 2018 at 4:42 pm UTC

Comandante ÑoñardoFor some reason I can not post the entire log.
Use pastebin or something and link to the logs

Anyhow, I think your reports should be posted here too:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues

X6205 commented on 9 September 2018 at 8:07 pm UTC

Hi guys.. have you find a way how to hide mouse pointer in Nier:Automata? It's running nicely but that pointer is quite annoying.

lucifertdark commented on 9 September 2018 at 9:40 pm UTC

Quick question, is anyone else having trouble getting game controllers to work with Proton enabled games? I have two different controllers, a generic xbox360 controller & the Steam Controller, they both work with native games & steam in Big Picture mode so I know it's not the controllers, any clues would be greatly appreciated.

rcgamer commented on 9 September 2018 at 10:07 pm UTC

lucifertdarkQuick question, is anyone else having trouble getting game controllers to work with Proton enabled games? I have two different controllers, a generic xbox360 controller & the Steam Controller, they both work with native games & steam in Big Picture mode so I know it's not the controllers, any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 360 wired controller and other than Quantum Break it has worked very well with Proton.

lucifertdark commented on 9 September 2018 at 10:27 pm UTC

rcgamerI have a 360 wired controller and other than Quantum Break it has worked very well with Proton.
Thanks, it was a false alarm, the config had gotten itself screwed up, deleting it from userdata & reauthorising the controller did the trick. Yes you're not the only one having one of those days.

chancho_zombie commented on 10 September 2018 at 12:55 am UTC

Comandante ÑoñardoFor some reason I can not post the entire log.
wine full logs with all debug exports can get really big, even pastebin has it's limits. You should upload it to google cloud or dropbox.

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 10 September 2018 at 1:32 am UTC

OK, this is extremely weird:

Bioshock 2 Remastered WORKS fine, but a only game controller (in my case, the button A of an Xbox 360) can pass this screen:

For some reason, the game can not detect the keyboard and the mouse after you hit "continue" or "New game" or "load"...Is like they were disabled during the game loading process.

But, once the game loaded, you can play normally with Keyboard and mouse...

In conclusion. I can confirm that this game works fine, but you need a game controller, even if You don't use it for to play the game.

chancho_zombie commented on 11 September 2018 at 12:15 am UTC

hey anyone tried the enhanced steam plugin?? it gives statistics of several things for example how much percentage of ppl are using intel/nvidia/amd in game. Wouldn't be awesome that enhanced steam displayed how many ppl are using steam play for a certain title?

ps: seems that someone already had that idea https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/issues/1640

Sputnik_tr_02 commented on 12 September 2018 at 7:09 pm UTC

Three more games that runs for me:

• Batman Arkham City GOTY
Video

Game didn't run on my first try but trying second time worked. But some people reported that they had to change the windows version to xp to get the game working, that wasn't the case for me.

• Batman Arkham Origins
Video

Game ran out of the box for me. I tested single player, multiplayer gives network error for me.

• Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
Video

Again works out of the box. Stutters goes away after couple of minutes. Only problem is that game freezes when you attempt to quit and you have to kill the game manually.

lucifertdark commented on 12 September 2018 at 8:42 pm UTC

chancho_zombiehey anyone tried the enhanced steam plugin?? it gives statistics of several things for example how much percentage of ppl are using intel/nvidia/amd in game. Wouldn't be awesome that enhanced steam displayed how many ppl are using steam play for a certain title?

ps: seems that someone already had that idea https://github.com/jshackles/Enhanced_Steam/issues/1640
I could have sworn I'd replied to this post yesterday, I've got the plugin installed in Firefox at the moment, it's working very well but the site it's attached to is closing down in favour of the Steam Play Compatibility Reports site.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts