You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
SteamPlay compatibility list
rcgamer commented on 21 September 2018 at 7:23 am UTC

Super Lucky's Tale-the main character has no bady. Some of the npcs flash or disappear. Can't wait til this one works, it seems like a very cute platform game.

lucifertdark commented on 21 September 2018 at 7:45 am UTC

ageresI played it in Wine+DXVK (before Proton was released), it worked fine.
Bet you were using a more recent version of Wine than 3.7 like the version Steam Play is using.

rcgamer commented on 22 September 2018 at 12:45 am UTC

Super Mega Baseball 2 works fine. It certainly runs slow, I had to turn the graphics settings way down but it works better than the video shows. Guessing it's very cpu intensive.
Super Mega Baseball 2

big update on this one. After installing the 396.54.06 beta this games performance is way improved. I can now play comfortably with shadows at high and maximum crowd density.

Here's a new video using the beta drivers. Note that in the old one I started with medium shadows and only 25% crowd density and it was very slow.
Super Mega Baseball 2 beta drivers

EMO GANGSTER 3 years commented on 22 September 2018 at 2:04 am UTC

Comandante Ñoñardo
EMO GANGSTERanyone know any tricks to stop The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit from closing in steam with Steam Play it startup but closes game a short time after starting
That game is Denuvo infected...
Spoiler, click me
Which doesn't make sense, because is a FREE TO PLAY... But, We are talking about Square Enix, so...

Anyway. Have you try to play the game with Steam client in offline mode?
According to one entry at SPCR, that is how the game works fine.
ill try that ty

hmm still closed on me even tried to turn the internet connection off but lasted longer

rcgamer commented on 23 September 2018 at 6:26 am UTC

Ooooh, guess what I got working? Enslaved Odyssey To The West. I used the same fix that I saw used for Batman Arkham City. You have to change the prefix to windows xp and then .net will install through steamplay and the game works great. Two things, the install of .net takes forever, I would guess about 15-20 minutes but just let it go and eventually the game will start. Second, you have to kill the process when you are done playing. Performance is very nice, close to if not equal to native. BTW, Im using nvidia beta 296.54.06 and kernel 4.18.8

Enslaved Video

ageres commented on 23 September 2018 at 6:58 am UTC

If set to WinXP, does Batman work with DX9 renderer only, or DX11+DXVK is still possible?

rcgamer commented on 23 September 2018 at 7:17 am UTC

ageresIf set to WinXP, does Batman work with DX9 renderer only, or DX11+DXVK is still possible?

I don't have Batman Arkham City installed I just saw the fix for it. I would assume once you get .net installed and the game running you could switch back to windows 7 prefix. Since Enslaved is a dx 9 game I don't need to do that.

lucifertdark commented on 23 September 2018 at 8:57 am UTC

ageresIf set to WinXP, does Batman work with DX9 renderer only, or DX11+DXVK is still possible?
Right now it's set up for WinXP & DX9 for me.. I'll just fire up the setup & try changing it to Win7 DX11 then let you know how that works out for me..

EDIT: I need to get into a fight & see how well it does with multiple characters all moving about on screen but it's looking good so far with Win7 & DX11+DXVK.

legluondunet commented on 23 September 2018 at 10:40 am UTC

DX11+DXVK if you activated directx11 option in the Batman windows parameter.
If you want to show DXVK infos in game, right click on Batman game in your library, properties, general tab, launch option and type:
DXVK_HUD=version,devinfo,fps %command%
With Wine you can play directx11 games on Windows XP, yes I know it's unusual.

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 24 September 2018 at 5:56 pm UTC

I wonder if Syndrome works...

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Decisions: „Life Is Strange: Before The Storm“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts