Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «15/21»
  Go to:
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 works out of the Box, but with very poor performance...Maybe my humble GTX 960 can not deal with it..

I have to set the graphic quality to LOW for to have solid 30fps. Even with that, the game looks good with that preset... much better than a lot of games at High quality.
We need a viable PlanB for to list games in a practical way, because SPCR is bugged.
slaapliedje Oct 6, 2018
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoWe need a viable PlanB for to list games in a practical way, because SPCR is bugged.

It seems to be back up now.

Seems broken again. Was going to look up how well GTA V runs, since I've seen mods for various super heroes now that look amazing to play around with!
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoWe need a viable PlanB for to list games in a practical way, because SPCR is bugged.

It seems to be back up now.

Yes. With some help
QuotePowered by SteamDB
and Algolia

I decided to create my own User tag for to describe the compatibility in the game's store page.
Proton: PLATINUM
Proton: GOLD.. etc..
legluondunet Oct 7, 2018
Quoting: GuestFinally, got to the part in Nier Automata where I can save. lol. I know this isn't the place but hell yeah.

The game is part of Steamplay Whitelisted isn't it?
Does it work out the box as it should be as a whitelisted game or need tweaks?
It seems that SPCR has changed the rules:

QuoteAs of October 8, 2018, reports are associated with the logged in Steam account when they are submitted. If you have contributed reports previously they will not be listed here. A feature to claim reports submitted previously is on the roadmap.
ageres Oct 16, 2018
Quoting: ageresA Firefox extension by the author of Proton.City which shows compatibility scores on Steam store pages:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/proton-city/

I haven't tried it though, my main web browser is Chromium.
Now there is a similar extension for Chrome too:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/spcr-for-steam/emmcoldocnolgakkbigkjjfabjpenkla
tuubi Oct 16, 2018
Quoting: ageresNow there is a similar extension for Chrome too:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/spcr-for-steam/emmcoldocnolgakkbigkjjfabjpenkla
And this one for SPCR ratings in Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/spcr-for-steam/
Xpander Oct 16, 2018
Few games tested

The Forest

Video

Works out of box. Mouse drags onto the bottom of the screen slowly, its even worse on the crafting book menu. Still playable but a lot harder. Had to use taskset -c 0,2,4,6 %command% to make it perform better, as it consumed nearly all my ryzen 7 threads without taskset and ran actually much worse. 2560x1440, 45-90 fps, mostly around 70. Multiplayer works great also, played 7+ hours with friends.

Quake Champions

Video

Can't connect to network. What i did? Copied libgnutls.so.30.14.11 (yours might be different version) from /usr/lib to /.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/pinned_libs_64/ and ran ln -s libgnutls.so.30.14.11 libgnutls.so.26 . Works without issues after this. 2560x1440 all high, resolution scale 100%, FPS 60-120, mostly around 85. Played about 2 hours without issues. Needs 396.54.09 drivers (or mesa patches for AMD) for the Stream Output/Transform Feedback

Project CARS 2 Demo

Video

Works out of box. Performance is 80-130 fps 2560x1440 allmost maxed except AA. Wheel worked as well minus the force feedback.
Ehvis Oct 16, 2018
Quoting: XpanderWorks out of box. Performance is 80-130 fps 2560x1440 allmost maxed except AA. Wheel worked as well minus the force feedback.

What wheel do you have? Normal Wine supports force feedback just fine.

Edit: Nevermind, saw it in the video. Should work though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.