Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «16/21»
  Go to:
coolbober Oct 19, 2018
Heroes of Might and Magic VI is working with 3.16-3 Beta. Heroes VII I will check this night.
Comandante Ñoñardo Oct 29, 2018
THIEF works OUT OF THE BOX (at least for me)

Thief via Proton. Vsync ON. Vulkan ON. HIGH graphics quality. GTX 970, i7-4790K no overclock, 16GB-DDR3-2400CL11
g000h Oct 29, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoTHIEF works OUT OF THE BOX (at least for me)

Thief via Proton. Vsync ON. Vulkan ON. HIGH graphics quality. GTX 970, i7-4790K no overclock, 16GB-DDR3-2400CL11

It's a title I've got and want to try. But... maybe my out-of-the-box Nvidia 390.xx driver isn't up to it. Plus, I should really play the games I *have* got installed.

NOTE: Windows title Thief (and earlier ones in the series) is currently for sale on Steam - 85% discount.
Quoting: GuestThe Evil Within seems to work perfectly with a few wine cfg tweaks. From a steam discussions post-select and add one by one <x3daudio1_7>, <xapofx1_5> and <xaudio2_7>, leave them to (native, builtin). After that everything works.

Just for curiosity, how big are those files?
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: Comandante Ñoñardo
Quoting: GuestThe Evil Within seems to work perfectly with a few wine cfg tweaks. From a steam discussions post-select and add one by one <x3daudio1_7>, <xapofx1_5> and <xaudio2_7>, leave them to (native, builtin). After that everything works.

Just for curiosity, how big are those files?

What files? the x3eaudio 7, xapfx1 5, and the xaudio 2 7? You already have them they just need to be added to the dll overrides in winecfg.

I see..
I don't use winecfg or winetricks for to do dll overrides.
I do it manually editing the file user.reg in the game's pfx folder, adding the overrides at the bottom of this entry that is already in the file:
[Software\\Wine\\DllOverrides] 
Just be careful.
g000h Oct 29, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoWhat files? the x3eaudio 7, xapfx1 5, and the xaudio 2 7? You already have them they just need to be added to the dll overrides in winecfg.

I see..
I don't use winecfg or winetricks for to do dll overrides.
I do it manually editing the file user.reg in the game's pfx folder, adding the overrides at the bottom of this entry that is already in the file:
[Software\\Wine\\DllOverrides] 
Just be careful.

Have you got any examples you'd like to share, e.g. XXXX game = added these specific lines to user.reg

In my case, I'd like to get Skyrim SE, Fallout 3 GOTY, AntiHero, Styx: Master of Shadows, Conan Exiles and *many* others working with minimal changes to config within Proton. Of course, I can also wait for the Devs - but impatience ;)
Quoting: g000hHave you got any examples you'd like to share, e.g. XXXX game = added these specific lines to user.reg

In my case, I'd like to get Skyrim SE, Fallout 3 GOTY, AntiHero, Styx: Master of Shadows, Conan Exiles and *many* others working with minimal changes to config within Proton. Of course, I can also wait for the Devs - but impatience ;)

This is from the user.reg of Fallout4
[Software\\Wine\\DllOverrides] 1535035836
"api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0"="native,builtin"
"atl100"="native,builtin"
"atl110"="native,builtin"
"atl120"="native,builtin"
"atl140"="native,builtin"
"concrt140"="native,builtin"
"msvcp100"="native,builtin"
"msvcp110"="native,builtin"
"msvcp120"="native,builtin"
"msvcp140"="native,builtin"
"msvcr100"="native,builtin"
"msvcr110"="native,builtin"
"msvcr120"="native,builtin"
"msvcr140"="native,builtin"
"ucrtbase"="native,builtin"
"vcomp100"="native,builtin"
"vcomp110"="native,builtin"
"vcomp120"="native,builtin"
"vcomp140"="native,builtin"
"vcruntime140"="native,builtin"
"xaudio2_7"="native,builtin"
g000h Oct 30, 2018
Great news, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Special Edition (game id 489830) is now working for me *with sound* (and mods) simply by editing the user.reg file - here: steamapps/compatdata/489830/pfx directory - and adding the single line at the end of the DllOverrides section:

[Software\\Wine\\DllOverrides] ....
"xaudio2_7"="native,builtin"

I installed the game with Steam Play (Proton), latest beta, 3.16-3 and the NPC audio wasn't working. Made this little change in the user.reg file, restarted the game and NPC audio is working fine.

I wish I knew what user.cfg changes to make for the other games which are not working for me (e.g. Fallout 3 GOTY, AntiHero). Note that I'm using "old" Nvidia driver 390.87 (which is part of the regular non-free packages) .

Thanks to Comandante Ñoñardo :)
Comandante Ñoñardo Oct 30, 2018
I just tried the demo of Damned Hours and it works, but has the choppy sound problem.. So, I added the "xaudio2_7"="native,builtin" in the user.cfg file that is at /compatdata/673030/pfx and now the audio works OK.

The game gave me motion sickness, by the way.

For me, the only way to quit the game was to die or using alt+F4
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.