You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
SteamPlay compatibility list
DoctorJunglist commented on 14 November 2018 at 9:00 am UTC

Someone on ProtonDB posted a really nice guide to get GTA IV running.

It's nice to finally be able to play my Steam version of the game (before, only the pirated version would run via Wine for me).

bintsmok commented on 15 November 2018 at 4:49 am UTC

Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition now works out-of-the-box on Mesa 18.2.4 + Proton 3.16-4 beta

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 16 November 2018 at 12:58 am UTC

Earthfall can be played for FREE this weekend and it has Platinum ratings.

I don't know You, but I'm gonna try it.

rcgamer commented on 16 November 2018 at 3:42 am UTC

NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 works great when you xaudio 2_7 audio as native/bulletin in winecfg.

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 16 November 2018 at 3:53 pm UTC

I tried Darksiders Warmastered Edition. It works out of the box, but the cinematics are not played...
and pasting the mfplat.dll file on the game's directory didn't worked. (I got the file from my windows7 machine)..
the trick specified on WINEHQ doesn't say if You have to use the version located at System32 or the one located at SysWOW64

rcgamer commented on 17 November 2018 at 8:00 pm UTC

Sunset Overdrive....sometimes freezes when it first starts, usually freezes at the menu. Have actually got in game and it ran ok but there were many graphical glitches. Very unstable.

rcgamer commented on 17 November 2018 at 8:55 pm UTC

Ghost of a tale is working but pretty much unplayable for me. With a controller the direction stick is just all over the place. You have to use wined3d11 or the main character is invisible.

YoRHa-2B commented on 18 November 2018 at 12:33 am UTC

QuoteYou have to use wined3d11 or the main character is invisible.
Or use a graphics driver that supports transform feedback (on Nvidia that would be 396.54.09).

---
Hitman 2 seems to be running fine, didn't buy it but you can get the prologue for free and even play the episodes from Hitman 2016 if you own that. Not interesting for that purpose of course, but hey, it works.

rcgamer commented on 18 November 2018 at 1:46 am UTC

YoRHa-2B
QuoteYou have to use wined3d11 or the main character is invisible.
Or use a graphics driver that supports transform feedback (on Nvidia that would be 396.54.09).

---
Hitman 2 seems to be running fine, didn't buy it but you can get the prologue for free and even play the episodes from Hitman 2016 if you own that. Not interesting for that purpose of course, but hey, it works.

Yeah, I just "upgraded" to 410.78. 396.54.09 is the only driver still that seems to support it. WWE 2k15 and 16, and Super Lucky's tale also need transform feedback. The controller problem is still the big thing with Ghost of a tale.

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 18 November 2018 at 5:16 pm UTC

Earthfall works OUT OF THE BOX!!

First: I suggest to add WINEDLLOVERRIDES="xaudio2_7=n,b" %command% in the game's launch options for to avoid the potential very well known sound issue...

I played only in single player mode the two first chapters...I died A LOT.
Earthfall is the true spiritual successor of Left4Dead, and (for Me) is even better than Killing floor...

To call this game plagiarism or imitation is unfair, because indeed this has a better playability than Left4Dead....
I mean, You can even print your own weapons!! And You can install barricades!!!... and automated machine gun turrets!!!
This game has the improvements I always wanted to see in Left4Dead and KillingFloor.

If you gonna play solo, don't worry, You are not alone like in KillingFloor, You have your 3 bots friends like in Left4Dead.

I had solid 60 FPS most of the time with the graphics preset on HIGH, but I had frame drops when A LOT of enemies were attacking me... It seems this game very cpu demanding.

I had only ONE crash in 6 hours of game play, but I can't tell if it was a Proton issue or a game issue, because I had the same crash, several times, with Killing Floor 2 on a Windows 7 machine.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Slash 'Em: „Torchlight II“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts