You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
  Go to:
SteamPlay compatibility list
Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 13 February 2019 at 6:37 pm UTC

Thief protonic test with High Quality preset...

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 13 February 2019 at 10:14 pm UTC

Clive Barker's JERICHO (sadly removed from Steam, so I can not report it on PROTONDB) WORKS!
Sometimes with 30FPS and sometimes with 60FPS...
Maybe it uses just one or two cores because is an old game.

chris.echoz commented on 14 February 2019 at 11:13 am UTC

Comandante ÑoñardoClive Barker's JERICHO (sadly removed from Steam, so I can not report it on PROTONDB) WORKS!

...snip...
That's not the only Codemasters game mysteriously gone from Steam. I have FUEL in my library which is also gone. Not sure why they would do that. Some licensing thing, maybe?

Also the sometimes 30 and sometimes 60 FPS thing is most likely due to vertical sync being enabled. If it can't do 60 it will lock to the closest evenly divisible frame rate, which is 30. Might have to change that in a config file. It wouldn't be the first Codemasters game to lack certain options in-game.

mrdeathjr commented on 14 February 2019 at 7:09 pm UTC

chris.echoz
Comandante ÑoñardoClive Barker's JERICHO (sadly removed from Steam, so I can not report it on PROTONDB) WORKS!

...snip...
That's not the only Codemasters game mysteriously gone from Steam. I have FUEL in my library which is also gone. Not sure why they would do that. Some licensing thing, maybe?

Also the sometimes 30 and sometimes 60 FPS thing is most likely due to vertical sync being enabled. If it can't do 60 it will lock to the closest evenly divisible frame rate, which is 30.

Might have to change that in a config file. It wouldn't be the first Codemasters game to lack certain options in-game.

This game use dx9 wine regular implementation aka need higher single thread

In my case use 1 core at max and runs very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGZjcWYoiOg

For advanced options can use game.cfg on application data system folder for change various things*

*Begins in 0:16 of video

adamhm commented on 21 February 2019 at 1:46 am UTC

adamhmStories: The Path of Destinies works, but crashes on exit with DXVK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg6ozwszwrfi1sf/stories-crash.png?dl=0

Also there's a slight graphics glitch that I was unable to resolve - the flat grey textured blocks around the platform are supposed to be a dust/smoke like effect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgpogrma6gqsaeb/stories-glitch.png?dl=0 (although it doesn't seem to be a DXVK specific issue as it happens with WineD3D too)

Just tested the GOG version with Wine 4.1 & 4.2 + DXVK 0.96 - the DXVK crash on exit remains, but the other issue has been fixed

adamhm commented on 11 April 2019 at 10:38 pm UTC

For anyone that's interested, SteamPlay Menu is now available again with numerous improvements, including more reliable detection of installed Proton releases and selection of the correct versions per app, as well as the ability to search through the games currently installed with SteamPlay if you don't know their AppIDs. More details & the download link can be found here.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: „Dragon Age: Origins“ (via Wine)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts