SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «12/21»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Sep 17, 2018
I have a game that's been removed from the store. How can I add it. it's Falling skies .https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/falling-skies-the-game-review/1900-6415917/
legluondunet Sep 18, 2018
Quoting: chancho_zombieI have a game that's been removed from the store. How can I add it. it's Falling skies .https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/falling-skies-the-game-review/1900-6415917/

I bought 2 games that are now removed from the Steam Store: Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition et Dark Souls PTDE.
No one could buy them any more on Steam but they are still available in my library and I can still download them if necessary.
You are talking about this game?
https://steamdb.info/app/290410/depots/
lucifertdark Sep 18, 2018
If you bought it on Steam you should still be able to download & install it, I have a couple of games that have also been removed from the store & still download.
gojul Sep 18, 2018
Anno 1404 Gold works fine provided you install DirectX in the wine directory for it using the usual WINEPREFIX trick. Don't have the exact command in front of me but you will find it on the user google sheet with game compatibility statuses.
gojul Sep 18, 2018
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: lucifertdarkQuick question, is anyone else having trouble getting game controllers to work with Proton enabled games? I have two different controllers, a generic xbox360 controller & the Steam Controller, they both work with native games & steam in Big Picture mode so I know it's not the controllers, any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 360 wired controller and other than Quantum Break it has worked very well with Proton.

No issue with Skyrim and Doom with my 360 controller.
lucifertdark Sep 18, 2018
Quoting: gojul
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: lucifertdarkQuick question, is anyone else having trouble getting game controllers to work with Proton enabled games? I have two different controllers, a generic xbox360 controller & the Steam Controller, they both work with native games & steam in Big Picture mode so I know it's not the controllers, any clues would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 360 wired controller and other than Quantum Break it has worked very well with Proton.

No issue with Skyrim and Doom with my 360 controller.
I managed to fix it by deleting the folder that holds the config files for controllers & re-adding the controller to steam, it was something I'd done trying to use an xbox controller as well as the steam controller.
Koopacabras Sep 18, 2018
Quoting: lucifertdarkIf you bought it on Steam you should still be able to download & install it, I have a couple of games that have also been removed from the store & still download.

yes I mean how can I add it to the list. Because the list fetches the games from the store but not from the depot.
Comandante Ñoñardo Sep 21, 2018
Quoting: EMO GANGSTERanyone know any tricks to stop The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit from closing in steam with Steam Play it startup but closes game a short time after starting
That game is Denuvo infected...
Spoiler, click me
Which doesn't make sense, because is a FREE TO PLAY... But, We are talking about Square Enix, so...

Anyway. Have you try to play the game with Steam client in offline mode?
According to one entry at SPCR, that is how the game works fine.
ageres Sep 21, 2018
I played it in Wine+DXVK (before Proton was released), it worked fine.
lucifertdark Sep 21, 2018
Quoting: ageresI played it in Wine+DXVK (before Proton was released), it worked fine.
Bet you were using a more recent version of Wine than 3.7 like the version Steam Play is using.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.