Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «14/21»
  Go to:
ageres Sep 28, 2018
Quoting: GuestI see people say Denuvo is the cause for some game incompatibility but there are games that work that have it as well so that doesn't make much sense to me. Case in point, MGS the phantom pain works and it has denuvo according to its steam page
There are different versions of Denuvo, they may behave differently on Linux and Wine. I'm not sure if it's Denuvo what prevents LIS2 from running on Linux, but who knows, maybe it is? Anyway, you either buy LIS2 now and give your money to Japanese EA (Square Enix) and Denuvo or wait for a port by Feral. I'll do the latter.
Comandante Ñoñardo Sep 28, 2018
Quoting: ageresAnyway, you either buy LIS2 now and give your money to Japanese EA (Square Enix) and Denuvo or wait for a port by Feral. I'll do the latter.

IF they port it...
And IF They port it, They must do it as soon as possible and not next year... With Proton, the era of releasing Linux ports years after the windows version is over... And, with Proton, the purchase is counted as Linux sale...so...

Anyway. The game doesn't work yet on Steamplay and is what matter in this topic.

I'm close to finish Bioshock 2 Remastered and I counted 5 bugs of the "close to desktop" kind in 41 hours of gameplay...
ageres Sep 28, 2018
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoIF they port it...
Why shouldn't they? So far it seems they are fond of games series: Total War, racing games by Codemasters, Tomb Raider, etc. Life is Strange included.
Quoting: Comandante ÑoñardoAnd, with Proton, the purchase is counted as Linux sale...so...
So what? Square Enix see if you buy their game on Linux but they did nothing to get it playable on Linux and still have to pay to Denuvo devs. And what if profit from Linux users is big enough so greedy Square Enix will demand more money from Feral for selling rights?
legluondunet Sep 28, 2018
Play Age of Empire III complete Edition on Linux with Steamplay
This game needs some little tweaks before to play it on Linux with Steamplay:
1 - install the game
2 - launch it and exit (just to create Proton files)
3 - in a terminal, execute this command:
WINEPREFIX="/home/your_profil/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/105450/pfx/" winetricks corefonts mfc42 l3codecx winxp
4 - you can launch the game and play

Nota:
- you have to set the game resolution to your desktop resolution if you want to use alt-tab
- for french AOEIII gamers, the file named TUTO1040.mp3 crashes the game during the tutorial. You have to rename or delete this file or replace it with this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zwgouqso8opxiy/TUTO1040.mp3?dl=0
Sputnik_tr_02 Sep 29, 2018
Some More Games I've Tested:

• Skyrim (Oldrim)

Video
Game runs out of the box. Only issue I had was that I could not see underwater but that can be fixed by disabling Depth of field in the ini file.

• F.E.A.R

Main Game
Extraction Point
Perseus Mandate
Game and addons run out of the box.

• Need For Speed: Shift

Video
Game runs out of the box, I used my Wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT) and it worked with force feedback without issues.

• Oblivion

Video
Game runs out of the box. Could not find any issue so far.

• Singularity

Video
This game also runs out of the box.
legluondunet Sep 29, 2018
How to play Assassin Creed director's cut, the first game of the series, on Steam with Steamplay.
For the moment, the game crashes at launch because Proton dev team disabled DXVK directx10 compatibility.

Two workarounds:
1) Play directx9 version of AS
Right click on the game on your Steam library, "properties", "game launch options" and add this line:
PROTON_NO_D3D11=1 %command%
this option will disable completely Wine directx10 and 11 availability, the game will now launch automatically in directx9 mode.

2) Play the Directx10 version
Launch the game once time, it will crash but it stored Proton game profile files.
Then download DXVK release from Github:
https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/
extract the archive, open a terminal, place you in the folder where is stored the file "setup_dxvk.verb" and execute this command:
WINEPREFIX="/home/your_profil/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/15100/pfx" winetricks d3dcompiler_43 setup_dxvk.verb
The game now launches with Directx10 mode.
To be sure, add this line to the Launch Steam game option:
DXVK_HUD=version,devinfo,fps %command%
this will show DXVK HUD infos on game screen.

GG
legluondunet Sep 29, 2018
Quoting: GuestAlso the .80 release is in the newest beta of Steam Play so it shoudln't be necessary to download it anymore.

DXVK directx10 feature is deactivated in Proton, I don't know why.
YoRHa-2B Sep 30, 2018
D3D10 games often require native d3dcompiler DLLs, some games like Just Cause 2 and the original Bioshock just crash for no apparent reason but don't allow debugging, and some games require the D3D10 Effects framework, which would probably be a bigger project than DXVK itself. As it stands, DXVK is completely useless for D3D10 games, and the D3D9 render path (if available) should be preferred.
legluondunet Oct 1, 2018
Quoting: YoRHa-2BD3D10 games often require native d3dcompiler DLLs, some games like Just Cause 2 and the original Bioshock just crash for no apparent reason but don't allow debugging, and some games require the D3D10 Effects framework, which would probably be a bigger project than DXVK itself. As it stands, DXVK is completely useless for D3D10 games, and the D3D9 render path (if available) should be preferred.

Thank you for your answer, I have only four directx10 games in my Steam library:
Bioshock 1 and 2 --> not important if you have the remastered version which uses directx11
Just Cause 2 --> don't work on Wine, with or without DXVK
and Assassin Screed 1, the first of the series.
The last one works very well with DXVK.
There is a new horror game called The Conjuring House that will be interesting to try on Proton.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.