Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Configuring AMD desktop PC
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
razing32 Sep 13, 2018
Also , curious why you want to split it to separate HDDs.
You can just use two HDDs in RAID for redundancy and separate the stuff you want into separate partitions.
Shmerl Sep 13, 2018
Quoting: tuubiThe Ryzen 7 2700 comes boxed with a Wraith Spire, which is why I suggested dropping the unnecessary Arctic cooler. No need to order one separately.

For Ryzen 7 2700X I'm using Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 (dual fan). It keeps the processor at ~30°C on idle.
tuubi Sep 14, 2018
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: tuubiThe Ryzen 7 2700 comes boxed with a Wraith Spire, which is why I suggested dropping the unnecessary Arctic cooler. No need to order one separately.

For Ryzen 7 2700X I'm using Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 (dual fan). It keeps the processor at ~30°C on idle.
Both of my desktop systems have Noctua coolers. I know how good they are. I was only commenting on the one on his list, not implying there's nothing better on the market.
Ne0 Apr 27, 2019
finally got my desktop built:
Ryzen 7 2700
Radeon VII
Asrock X470 Taichi
Corsair Vengeance 4x16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
Samsung Evo 970 M.2 500 GB
Ubuntu 18.04 (installed at store)

...decided to put my 10TB HDDs in a Network Attached Storage, possibly buy DS1819

...is it a good idea to install on & play games from a NAS ?
dvd Apr 27, 2019
Quoting: Ne0finally got my desktop built:
Ryzen 7 2700
Radeon VII
Asrock X470 Taichi
Corsair Vengeance 4x16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
Samsung Evo 970 M.2 500 GB
Ubuntu 18.04 (installed at store)

...decided to put my 10TB HDDs in a Network Attached Storage, possibly buy DS1819

...is it a good idea to install on & play games from a NAS ?

Probably not, although it depends on your networking equipment. For games and work it's probably best to put the drives in the PC. For torrents and backups, a nas or even a raspberry pi is more than enough.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.