Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[done] PC Info - GeForce RTX 2070/2080(ti) missing
HerrLange Sep 28, 2018
Just powered up my brand new RTX 2080 and see its actually missing in the GFX card list in the PC info section.
Ehvis Sep 28, 2018
I thought they delayed the release to next week and beyond.
HerrLange Sep 28, 2018
True for the 2080 ti. I have just a 2080. It arrived on Monday this week. I waited till today for the latest nvidia driver to be available in arch extra.
Liam Dawe Oct 3, 2018
Sorry about the delay, they're all now in.
MaCroX95 Oct 3, 2018
Quoting: madchaotikanJust powered up my brand new RTX 2080 and see its actually missing in the GFX card list in the PC info section.

How is the desktop performance / game performance? :D
HerrLange Oct 4, 2018
Quoting: MaCroX95How is the desktop performance / game performance? :D

It's capable of delivering about 60 FPS with only few drops in my native resolution (3840x1600) in very high quality scenarios. So I'm quite pleased. Regarding desktop performance I think it feels smoother now (Gnome Shell latest using X) but this might be just a feeling. So I guess it's not really a difference.

The card is my kick off for the next round of hardware renewal (either core 9900 or next gen Ryzen in spring). Goal was/is to have >60 FPS in my resolution. But I'm planing also to do some stuff with the tensor cores which was before only possible with the very expensive Quadros. No plans so far for the rt cores.

If anybody whish I could try to run some benchmarks on my system - but I would need some suggestions for the presets etc.

P.S.:
Quoting: liamdaweSorry about the delay, they're all now in.

Thx Liam. Don't worry. :-)
Ehvis Oct 4, 2018
Then I can finally get my 2080Ti :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.