You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
Navi , Polaris succesor to launch on Q1 2019
Shmerl commented on 28 January 2019 at 3:20 pm UTC

February release is for Radeon 7, not for Navi.

Xpander commented on 28 January 2019 at 5:45 pm UTC

Just ignore this debianxfce dude. he is trolling everywhere not just only here. Pointless to even argue with such a narrow minded person.

And yeah Navi should be arriving somewhere in June/July

chancho_zombie commented on 2 February 2019 at 9:52 pm UTC

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Navi-RX-3080-3070-3060-specs-prices-leaked.374406.0.html

once again we are talking about rumours, the 3060 which would be on par to a rx580 on performance, 75watts no pcie extra power connection needed should be priced at u$d 130, which is a steal, I have to see it to believe, it would cannibalize the rx580. the 3060 at 160-150 is a more reasonable price and cut the 580 to 130 u$d, I think that's more likely.

Shmerl commented on 2 February 2019 at 11:28 pm UTC

This is interesting:

QuoteThe RX 3080 GPU will integrate 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM, will have a TDP of 150 W, and it is expected to deliver 15% increased performance over the current Vega 64 chips. The MSRP is said to be US$250

But strange, given that they claimed that Radeon 7 is around 15% increase over Vega 64 as well, yet at comes at a crazy $700 price. Something just doesn't add up here.

Xpander commented on 3 February 2019 at 4:18 am UTC

ShmerlThis is interesting:

QuoteThe RX 3080 GPU will integrate 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM, will have a TDP of 150 W, and it is expected to deliver 15% increased performance over the current Vega 64 chips. The MSRP is said to be US$250

But strange, given that they claimed that Radeon 7 is around 15% increase over Vega 64 as well, yet at comes at a crazy $700 price. Something just doesn't add up here.

Thats a bit strange indeed as GDDR6 isn't that cheap either AFAIK. Radeon 7 HBM2 16GB is said to cost around 320€ alone in that card, thats what makes the card so expensive. but that 8GB GDDR6 should be around ~150€, so that would leave only 100€ for the other parts of the GPU. Sounds too good to be true.

yeah i know i used Euros and the MSRP is said in USD, but they are usually 1:1 when it comes selling video cards here in Europe

chancho_zombie commented on 3 February 2019 at 1:55 pm UTC

the guy that leaked this is adoredtv a scottish lad, he is upping the bet and says that his sources are reliable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYUJXHqESk

chancho_zombie commented on 3 February 2019 at 2:05 pm UTC

if those prices are right I'm seriously thinking on selling my spare rx460, I have two, I've barely use it only for a few games that I run on crossfire sometimes in windows . In six months it would be worth nothing.

ps, (yes I went back to dual booting I couln't resist shadow of war, please feral port it asap)

Shmerl commented on 18 February 2019 at 2:02 am UTC

New suggested release time is July 2019.

sub commented on 19 February 2019 at 8:39 pm UTC

ShmerlNew suggested release time is July 2019.

That would be right on time with Zen 2.
Currently with a Phenom II X4 + Radeon HD 7950.
I need a new rig.

Guess, I should wait some more months.
Prices will be probably quite high for new architecture prods.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • RPGoodness: „Shadowrun: Dragonfall“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Forum Posts